NEW PRODUCT: MSD Dashhawk

tbyrne

We have something good for you! MSD has just released their Dashhawk. This set up simular to the Edge Display that is used in diesel trucks. It's very easy to use and looks pretty cool too!

DashHawk1.jpg

Predefined "Factory Default" Displays showing OBDII Parameter IDs (PIDs) in an organized fashion. Universal OBDII multi gauge. Displays over 100 parameters Allows the user to review how the vehicle is driven when they are not the ones driving it. Accepts one additional sensor, such as wideband O2 sensor User defined Displays that can show any supported PID subset in a user chosen format 2 Function Digital (Two large font numeric parameters on your screen) 3 Function Digital (Three medium font numeric parameters on your screen) 4 Function Digital (Four medium font numeric parameters on your screen) 2 Function BAR (Two large font numeric parameters with an updating "Bar" gauge on your screen) 6 Function Digital (Six small font numeric parameters on your screen) 7 Function Digital (Seven small font numeric parameters in a list) User navigation of displays via the UP and DOWN keys Real-Time Fuel System Status (on Vehicles that support Fuel System Reporting) Menu timeouts when no key presses are detected (which returns the user to the previously selected display) Variable polling schedules for PIDs to reduce CAN bus load Data Logging capability (on-board) that can be uploaded to a PC via the USB connection, 60 second internal record ability. The device is updatable via the USB connection and downloads / software from MSD LED backlight color is user customizable, 16 Million color capable! User selectable/changeable Alerts as well as adjustable shift light ability! 0-60 Times with Speed and RPM recorded 1/4 mile Times/ET (with 60 ft and 1/8 mile splits) with Speed, RPM and Two O2 inputs recorded 0-60, 1/4 mile, and Data Logging data can be uploaded to a PC via the USB connection Hardware manufactured by MSD's sister company Edge Products. Time proven reliable design.

Fits:

CAN Equipped Vehicles

Most all 1996 and newer OBDII vehicles are supported.

The device is updatable via the USB connection and downloads / software from MSD. More pictures of this unit can be seen at - http://www.dashhawk.com/screen.html

This is part number 13100 and our regular price is $299.99. We have an introductory price of $259.99. This is good through Friday, February 2nd. Orders can be placed online or by giving us a call at 1-877-482-9763.

Have a good day!

I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, would this record enough data to enable a tuner (PCM4LESS) to make a better tune?
Well, you can buy a copy of Autotap for your laptop/computer for $199 and it's capabilities are far better. But it would take a lot of velcro to mount your laptop to your dash. :joker:

Mr. P.

I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, would this record enough data to enable a tuner (PCM4LESS) to make a better tune?
Well, you can buy a copy of Autotap for your laptop/computer for $199 and it's capabilities are far better. But it would take a lot of velcro to mount your laptop to your dash. :joker:

Mr. P.

Correct me if I am wrong but, Autotap will only work on the vehicle you match it too?

my .02.

No matter what tuner you are working with.. they are going to need this product to be able to read your logs.

The software is specific per the item... so it not like sending an hp tuners log to an hp tuner using guy.

You can get 2 aeroforce gauges for roughly the same price and have the SS at start up and have it match the oem gauges and they fit in standard 2" pods

Very simmilar.. but the aeroforce gauges.. that I now can get for the SS members.. they have a neat little starup screen programmed with the SS logo when you start your truck.

I am attaching a pic

post-6980-1169584906_thumb.jpg

PM SENT

Edited by Red03SillSS (see edit history)

Mr. P.

Correct me if I am wrong but, Autotap will only work on the vehicle you match it too?

That's my understanding ... and I am going to put in my $.02 on this ...

If you want good logging software that can be analyzed by anyone, you need to lean more toward EASE Diagnostics. There are several good reasons why ...

1. EASE can export logs to MS Excel or a Text file so anyone can read them.
  2. EASE offers software that is manufacturer-specific, not model specific. If you have an '04 SS & trade it for an '05, all you have to do is switch it to the new SS. No additional upgrades or licenses to buy.
  3. The display of the data is way better. Screens are clearer, and easier to use.
  4. EASE software is set up for touchscreens. Planning on buying an INCAR PC? EASE is ready to use, out of the box. No upgrades or updates.
  5. EASE devices are web updateable.
  6. EASE uses better technology to connect to the car: USB or Wi-Fi, not RS-232 (9-Pin serial) - But, Serial is available if requested.
  7. EASE offers faster data capture on most GM vehicles. As fast as 40 samples per second! (Regular OBD2 is 10-12 per second)
  8. No limitation on logging capacity. Stores logs right on the hard drive, not in internal memory
  9. Full color PC display ... not pea soup green.
  10. EASE runs on Windows. Install it on any hardware platform that runs Windows & not be tied down when you want to upgrade to 1Gb of memory, or install a larger Hard Drive, or add a DVD. etc...
  11. EASE has designed OBD2 products since 1996, with several government certifications from State Emissions Programs.

Websites:

www.obd2.com

http://www.vehicletopc.com/incarpc.html

http://www.vehicletopc.com/scantool.html

Now, I will say that I've worked for EASE for almost 6 years. Half that time in R&D/Engineering and the other half in sales. I am not here trying to sell EASE products, nor can you buy them through me. I am simply trying to provide as much information as I can about EASE. I believe in having as much information as you can.

:cheers: