Need tire options for 20" Eagle Alloy rims

I've pretty much made my mind up on the next rim I want. Now I need options on a lighter tire for the rims. Stock rim weight was posted at 45 lbs and the 20" Eagle Alloy 026 model everybody loves is 40 lbs per rim. MyP wrote you can save 5-15 lbs per tire in another post so I want to know what tires will save me that kind of weight. Saving 40-80 lbs would be nice for my track times. Any help would be great.

Thanks, Jeremy

My stock rims weighed 48-lbs each; the stock Goodyears for all their faults actually have a fairly lightweight carcass at 40-lbs each; only the Pirellis are lighter, and only by 2-3 pounds. The majority of your weight savings is in the rim design albeit tires do contribute.

My research from last year, I collected off Tire Rack -

TireStats.gif

Generall speaking the Kuhmos and Yokos have heavier carcasses. Remember tire height has a lot to do with the equation, tires with shorter sidewalls will generally be lighter but you might want to lower your truck to maintain aesthetics. Also remember shorter tires will significantly increase your final gear ratio, my truck with the 295/45-20's acts like it has 4.56's in it and I traded away both MPH and MPG - I should swap to 3.73 gears in the axles to compensate but we'll see. BTW a 20" tire with a 30" outside diameter is the stock fitment for a HD Ford...

Mr. P.

I've pretty much made my mind up on the next rim I want. Now I need options on a lighter tire for the rims. Stock rim weight was posted at 45 lbs and the 20" Eagle Alloy 026 model everybody loves is 40 lbs per rim. MyP wrote you can save 5-15 lbs per tire in another post so I want to know what tires will save me that kind of weight. Saving 40-80 lbs would be nice for my track times. Any help would be great.

Thanks, Jeremy

in regards to eagle alloys;

i will never purchase any product from them again. the chrome on my 20" 026's started changing colors near and all around the lug holes. after one rainy day, dirt/road grime was almost impossible to remove from the surface. plenty of people told me to stay away from them before i had purchased, but i didn't listen and everything i had heard from them happened to me....

another thing is their warranty... i called the dealer where i had purchased them from to see if they could replace the wheels with new ones since the ones they sent me started changing colors, since i had only had them a few weeks. they replied, "call eagle alloys customer service direct." i did just that, and they gave me the run around and said they would call me back. two weeks later, no call. eventually i just gave up and sold them here this past week.

i'm not trying to deter you from buying these wheels, but be careful with the information i've just given you. food for thought.

good luck man.