2WD SS

thallent

I went to the dealer today to get my recalled cables fixed. The salesguy that I always talk to called me into his office and pulled up some website with a message from today or yesterday. It had a listing for the silverado ss available in awd or 2wd. It still is the extened cab but you can get with 2wd instead of awd. I read it from the screen myself. Has anyone else heard about this? Did I miss a post about it? Sorry if it is a repost.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What was the website?

I am not sure. Something that he had to log into he then scrolled down to the silverado section. He said it just came up within the last day or so. If you want I can go back in Monday and ask him what website it was.

i think we would have known about it if it were an "SS" with all the GM fols around but id say its a VHO but i think they changed the name this year so that is more than likely what you saw.

from what i know there is going to be a 2wd SS truck. it's basicly going to be a VHO truck in SS trim. i heard they are supposed to release it this month.... the VHO is still going to be available also.

The 2004 VHO has rear disc brakes, just like all Silverados including the SS. The 2005 Silverados are supposed to revert back to rear drum brakes, however I'm uncertain if this will include the SSS. GM has had a lot of issues with the "drum type" parking brakes that are associated with the rear disc brakes. Sometimes the pads are locking up against the drum due to infrequent usage and corrosion. In some cases the shoes are falling off inside of the drum :smash:

:withstupid:

Seems a bit late for a new model release... seems like something they'll announce this month and put into production when the next model year releases roll around.

I don't know, the non-cladded ('naked') Avalanche came out halfway through the second model year. Formal start dates don't seem to apply when it comes to these kinds of things.

Archived