SuperMaxx Install

Nightshift

I spent about 6 hours with it.

I know now why people wanted $300 to bolt them in.

Headers are in, properly torqued, everything underhood reconnected.

All is left are the cats/cross-over and connect the exhaust.

I am going to have to two joints that are 'strap-clamped' welded.

There is less than 1/2 inch clearance between the right header and the frame.

Should that be of concern?? :confused:

Pics tomorrow...

WW :cool:

Couple hours to finish this morning.

I'd probably be done except for trying to get around dropping the trans crossmember.

I spent more time trying not to, then it took to do it... :banghead:

I have to create something for 5 & 7.

WW :cool:

The passenger side header?

1/2" is a ton of room ;) - mine's a 1/4" or less. It almost looks like it's touching.

When the engine torques when the throttle is applied, it will pull that header away from the frame.

My drivers side header is evenly spaced, with whatever surrounds it. I honestly forget right now -- the driveshaft and the fame?

Finished! Took more then a few hours, but done!

A friend fashioned an interesting clip for #5 & 7 wires.

It's made out of galvanized steel wire. It's mounted in a former shroud bolt hole.

It now has a u-bend in the end to keep from pulling out, once I find the proper bolt it'll be made permanent

It's keeping the wires a 1/4 - 1/2 inch from the header.

85555942.jpg

85555919.jpg

Only drove a few miles home on the tollway, has more punch and seems to go into boost fairly easy... :driving:

Also has a deeper exhaust tone. :D

Allot of tight clearances underneath, the cat, front driveshaft and O2 sensor was a riot.

Nothing is hitting, tomorrow allot of that stuff is going to be welded and more bracing added.

Passenger side header is less than a 1/4 inch at the frame.

At least it's done right and I'll never do this again! :cheers:

I'll post pics from the bottom tomorrow.

WW :sleep:

I like what you did for the wires...

I made those little sheet metal tabs a while back, with plastic wire ties to secure the wires back. For whatever reason I decided to check them this last weekend, and the plastic was very brittle. They were holding, but I wouldn't have been able to sleep that night... I ended up securing them back with some lighter gauge steel wire.

Marc, You can't buy the coil boot from MSD they don't have a part number for it, So they sent me 3 of them for free. I got 6 foot of wire, the multiangle boots and the crimp tool from Summit. You can't use 90s on the plugs with our heads. I can use the other wires, I just need to make two for 5 & 7.

Archived