2 performance packages for 2006 Silverado

jdg

Just an FYI. This is showing up on the 2006 model info thought it was interesting.

This is the RPO NHT:

VortecMax Performance Pack, includes (LQ9) Engine, Vortec high-output 6000 V8 and door badge that reads "Vortec Max", (M70) Transmission, 4-speed automatic, super duty, (GT5) Rear axle, 4.10 ratio, (G80) Differential, locking, heavy-duty, rear, (ZX3) Suspension Package, Ride-Control, (NP8) Transfer case, electronic Autotrac, (KC4) Cooling, external engine oil cooler, (KNP) Cooling, external transmission oil cooler, auxiliary, and (Z82) Trailering equipment, heavy-duty

1 - Requires CK15753 or CK15543 Models. (QJM) or (QJP) Tires must be ordered. (P25) Wheels must be ordered. Option content within this package may not be substituted or deleted. - Not available with (Z71) Suspension Package, Off-Road.

They still have the RPO B4V:

Silverado Performance Edition, includes (LQ9) Engine, Vortec high-output 6000 V8, (M32) Transmission, 4-speed automatic, heavy-duty, (GT4) Rear axle, 3.73 ratio, (Z60) Suspension Package, High-Performance, (G80) Differential, locking, heavy-duty, rear, (NW7) Traction assist system, electronic, (KC4) Cooling, engine oil, (KNP) Cooling, external transmission oil cooler, (Z82) Trailering equipment, heavy-duty, (UK3) Sound system feature, steering wheel mounted radio controls, (QR9) Wheels, 4 - 20" x 8.5", cast aluminum, chromed, 5-spoke, (QSS) Tires, P275/55R20, touring, blackwall, (ZAN) Tire, spare P265/70R17, blackwall and 17" Wheel, steel, spare

1 - Requires CC15753 Models. - Option content within this package may not be substituted or deleted. Not available with (ZY2) Paint, two-tone, (DPN) Mirrors, outside rearview, power adjustable, heated, manual folding and extending, (B2E) Silverado Limited Edition or any (SEO) Special Equipment Options.

Also the SS is only going to be available as a 2WD option.

SO, I wonder what the pricing is going to be on these options???? Basically, 3 extended cab trucks with the LQ9 engine in them.

Also they are showing different trim packages:

New Packaging Structure

1WT = Work Truck

1LS = LS

1LT = LT1 trim

2LT = LT2 trim

3LT = LT3

Just another nail in the SS coffin. I mean one starts to say why even spend the money for an SS when you can still have all of the goodies for a fraction of the cost!! You can even go faster !!!!!!

"electronic Autotrac"

I thought this was a 4WD option?  :dunno:

Justin  :chevy:

I believe you're right.

VortecMax Performance Pack, includes (LQ9) Engine, Vortec high-output 6000 V8 and door badge that reads "Vortec Max", (M70) Transmission, 4-speed automatic, super duty,

What's this M70 transmission? The 4L80? or the 4L65? :dunno:

My guess is a 4L65E with different valve body; the RPO naming convention does not follow the 4L80E product line anyway. The M32 is the same 4L65E being put in SS trucks.

i think the m70 is the 4l70e that is going in the trailblazer ss but im not sure what makes it different from the 4l60 or the 4l65

Info supplied by GM

Backing the 6.0L V-8 is a new Hydra-Matic 4L70-E electronically controlled four-speed automatic transmission. It debuts in the TrailBlazer SS and was developed to handle the high horsepower and high torque loads of performance-oriented light-duty vehicles. Special high-strength and heat-treated materials are used throughout the 4L70-E to ensure it delivers smooth, dependable shifting.

Gear ratios (:1):

First: 3.06

Second: 1.62

Third: 1.00

Fourth: 0.69

Reverse: 2.29

My question about the M70 (attention zippy) is if it can mate to an AWD LS2 powered T'Blazer.... could/would/should we be looking at using these on our truck in place of the 4l80E? :confused:

Seems to me it has all the right characteristics to be a direct bolt in item... not as strong as the 80... but probably much stronger than the 4l65e. I'm not a tranny expert by any strectch, but it seems like it might work :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...

No z71, but can you get it in 4wd ??????

Just an FYI. This is showing up on the 2006 model info thought it was interesting.

This is the RPO NHT:

VortecMax Performance Pack, includes (LQ9) Engine, Vortec high-output 6000 V8 and door badge that reads "Vortec Max", (M70) Transmission, 4-speed automatic, super duty, (GT5) Rear axle, 4.10 ratio, (G80) Differential, locking, heavy-duty, rear, (ZX3) Suspension Package, Ride-Control, (NP8) Transfer case, electronic Autotrac, (KC4) Cooling, external engine oil cooler, (KNP) Cooling, external transmission oil cooler, auxiliary, and (Z82) Trailering equipment, heavy-duty

1 - Requires CK15753 or CK15543 Models. (QJM) or (QJP) Tires must be ordered. (P25) Wheels must be ordered. Option content within this package may not be substituted or deleted. - Not available with (Z71) Suspension Package, Off-Road.

They still have the RPO B4V:

Silverado Performance Edition, includes (LQ9) Engine, Vortec high-output 6000 V8, (M32) Transmission, 4-speed automatic, heavy-duty, (GT4) Rear axle, 3.73 ratio, (Z60) Suspension Package, High-Performance, (G80) Differential, locking, heavy-duty, rear, (NW7) Traction assist system, electronic, (KC4) Cooling, engine oil, (KNP) Cooling, external transmission oil cooler, (Z82) Trailering equipment, heavy-duty, (UK3) Sound system feature, steering wheel mounted radio controls, (QR9) Wheels, 4 - 20" x 8.5", cast aluminum, chromed, 5-spoke, (QSS) Tires, P275/55R20, touring, blackwall, (ZAN) Tire, spare P265/70R17, blackwall and 17" Wheel, steel, spare

1 - Requires CC15753 Models. - Option content within this package may not be substituted or deleted. Not available with (ZY2) Paint, two-tone, (DPN) Mirrors, outside rearview, power adjustable, heated, manual folding and extending, (B2E) Silverado Limited Edition or any (SEO) Special Equipment Options.

Also the SS is only going to be available as a 2WD option.

SO, I wonder what the pricing is going to be on these options???? Basically, 3 extended cab trucks with the LQ9 engine in them.

Also they are showing different trim packages:

New Packaging Structure

1WT = Work Truck

1LS = LS

1LT = LT1 trim

2LT = LT2 trim

3LT = LT3

Archived