Made a few dyno passes today

I made a few shakedown runs at Aerocomp in Sanford. They have an AWD Mustang dyno that just barely fits our trucks. Made three total pulls (and 2 aborted because the truck downshifted).

I had to cut it short because:

1) I set a spark plug wire ON FIRE :devil: on the first run

2) That plug wire started shorting out and keeping me stuck at max 5600 rpm

3) was melting the exhaust hoses

4) tranny got close to 200*

5) I ran out of time (had to get to work)

I'll post the dyno graph of the best run tonight (made 2 at around 14psi, 1 at 8 psi), but won't give the numbers here because of the poll. I will say I'm impressed, ecstatic, and can hardly sit still, and the dyno ops were floored...

Truck is now loud as .... well it's loud. I looked and the cut out is still connected, but it doesn't seem like I can open or close the cutout. Turns out I killed my QTP cutout.

When I set the plug wire on fire, I'd made two aborted pulls (downshifted on me) and then the full pull). Manifolds were cheery red... Ended up getting some Crane Firewire's from Roger Vinci.

I might need to step up to some headers.

Best run: Pump gas, ~14psi, meth, FMIC, 90* ambient, 18* - 15.5 @peak torque - 16 at shift.

erik594whp.jpg

8psi number was 440awhp.

Except for the spark plug wire catching on fire ... 

Looks like I need some heat shields if I don't do headers.

Or little grates where you can cook some weenies. :jester:

I am completely astounded that you are generating that kind of power on factory manifolds. That has got to be a huge thermodynamic issue there of some kind, I wonder what the effect of that glowing manifold is agsainst the exhaust flange of your aluminum head, and differing cooling/expansion rates and all that... whatever pipes you get will need to be ceramic coated for sure. Wonder if it would be better/cheaper just to have a set of OEM manifolds ceramic coated?

Archived