Truck Trend

TexaSS

I opened up my mailbox today and saw my truck staring back at me on the cover of Truck Trend. There is an article about the RWD trucks, and it says that what little bit of weight is lost due to dropping the AWD system that it still around a 15.1, so whatever it gains in top end all evens out against a truck with AWD. Also an awesome picture inside the cover that shows that front 2 wheels off of the ground. Anyone else see this?

yeah, picked it up today. I haven't read it yet, but the action pics for the Speedway Silverado are awesome. Looks like a great set of articles, usually I flip through that mag and it does nothing for me. I'm anxiously awaiting time to read it :thumbs:

On a side note, it seems to me like the Sport Truck war is dying off in its infancy. Ford threw in the towel, Chevy's still looking for their towel, and Dodge knocked it out of the park but no ones around to play. Very disappointing :tear:

got my Motor Trend yesturday "Return of the SS" 303 hp Impala,391 hp Trailblazer, and then on page 46 "six seat street stripper" 05 SSS

SS Corvett ,could it be? sounds like a reprint from Truck Trend .

yeah, picked it up today.  I haven't read it yet, but the action pics for the Speedway Silverado are awesome.  Looks like a great set of articles, usually I flip through that mag and it does nothing for me.  I'm anxiously awaiting time to read it  :thumbs:

On a side note, it seems to me like the Sport Truck war is dying off in its infancy.  Ford threw in the towel, Chevy's still looking for their towel, and Dodge knocked it out of the park but no ones around to play.  Very disappointing  :tear:

Too bad !!!! :banghead:

yeah, picked it up today.  I haven't read it yet, but the action pics for the Speedway Silverado are awesome.  Looks like a great set of articles, usually I flip through that mag and it does nothing for me.  I'm anxiously awaiting time to read it  :thumbs:

On a side note, it seems to me like the Sport Truck war is dying off in its infancy.  Ford threw in the towel, Chevy's still looking for their towel, and Dodge knocked it out of the park but no ones around to play.  Very disappointing  :tear:

It does seem like the factory sport trucks are slowing in production. I think it will still be a strong market because of people like us, though.

Good analysis. I wonder if gasoline prices and fuel economy are going to start to be a factor. GM and Ford getting burned on slow sales of V-8 trucks and SUV's. This may put a damper on future high performance trucks.

The fact is nobody else has an engine quite like the Dodge Viper V-10 to pop in a truck. GM has apparently killed its plans for a Gen III/IV based V-10 and a tuned 8.1 liter BBC is unlikely as that is just not where GM is going with other vehicles. As nice as the LS2 is at 6.0 liters and 400 HP, geez Daimler/Chrysler is going to be putting a 6.2 liter 425 HP Hemi in station wagons for '06. The General doesn't seem inclined to keep up right now. I doubt if the proposed LS7 will find its way into anything but top of the line Corvettes any time soon.

With forced induction and strokers we can make our trucks run nice but there is definitely something to be said for 425-500 HP and a factory warranty. I think the Dodge Ram is going to be out front for a while. :chevy::tear:

that thing isn't pulling the tires. they simply jumped it. like other typical tests done by truck trend the times are terrible. other testing will show a considerably better time. if gmhtp gets a shot with one i expect a 14.6.

Archived