Master Warranty Fix List.

Banone

I've been searching for quite a while and found all the problems I could that seem common on the SS. My warranty is up soon and I'm going to get all these things checked or fixed before it is too late. If anyone has anything to add to the list or possibly if you know the number for the service bulletin (if one exists) from GM for these problems, post them and I'll update the list periodically to make this easier for everyone when they go to the dealer.

By the way, if this has been done before and I didn't find it when I was searching I apologize.

1. Intermediate steering shaft clunking (tsb# PIT3646) Thread link

2. Front end growling while turning at low speeds

3. Rear ext. cab window wind noise/leaking

4. Speedo failure (tsb# 04-08-49-015)

5. Front and rear gear whine at 40 to 60 mph

6. Body cladding warpage or falling off.

7. Radio knob writing coming off

8. Stock Wheel center cap paint flaking off

9. Rear door rattle or improper alignment

10. Whistle in dash when in air recirculation mode

11. Tailgate cables replaced (actual recall)

12. Seat heater failure

13. Temperature control on non-auto climate control sticking on hot even though set to cold.

14. Gas/brake pedal rusting

15. Belt squeal from power steering pulley misalignment.

Good idea, I think mine expires next week as well. My driver's-side DRL socket has gotten so hot that it burned up and I now have no LH DRL - the socket needs replacing. I'm also convinced that I've fried one of the voice coils in the Bose subwoofer (little bass). The A/C is "cool" but not "cold" and I can hear the refrigerant circulating behind the dash so I think there is a slow leak in the system. And now my bed squeaks!

Mr. P. :)

edit - and before any of you wise-asses says anything, I meant my truck bed. :jester:

I'll be taking mine to the dealer in the next couple of weeks. I have about 3000 miles left.

I hear the growl when I turn (damb gremblins :P ) and the knob on my radio is almost all white.

Mike :seeya:

I don t think anyone has yet to identify the growl sound while turning slowly. Dealer says it s normal and to leave it alone. I know many have had parts changed with no results. I don t want them pulling everything apart making more problems if they are not sure what they are fixing and why. Let us know what you find out.

I'm taking mine in tomorrow to the dealer to get the rear quarter glass fixed for the second time and a few other things on the list. I am going to have them check out the front growling noise so at least I have it on record that I had a complaint about it before the warranty expires. Hopefully that way if a fix is found or a major problem arises as a direct result of it, it will be covered.

Archived