Did anyone bid on Radix on Ebay today?

I "won" a bid on Ebay from a seller catherinehall77, but the deal looks like a scam. It was item number 180065148602. Did anyone else bid on this?

The ad mentions a reserve price, but there was no reserve, all of the bidders IDs are private, the seller want a moneygram, this is the seller's first sale - no prior history

Does this sound like it was written by a girl?:

The best supercharger with the most torque and H.P. Winner of General Motors (Best Product Award) at the 2003 SEEMA show in Vegas. I had this on my 2003 Chevy Avalanche and what difference, spun all four tires in the rain for 100 ft.and 2 tires on dry pavement for 100 ft.. Only used it 6,000 miles and then took it off before I traded the truck. This is not a bolt on or hang on type but a complete intake unit with larger injectors and cooler intake temperatures and thus more power. This is a complete kit. I didn't get pictures of all the accessories like the belt,pully,fuel pump ect. but is complete as it was new. Go to www.magnusonsupercharger.com for direct info. New these sell for over 5,000 and I am setting the reserve at a fair price. It increases H.P. by 150 and the torque by 200 lbs. It is Awesome! Remember, You can't have to much Money or too much Horsepower.

For more details regarding my best price please contact me before bidding.

If it quaks like a duck and walks like a duck its a duck. It does sound fishy but I woul duse your gut insticnt on this. You didnt say how much you would be paying for the item but i'm sure its a few thousand and thats too much for me to chance.

Thats my .02

Moneygram? No way. My rule of thumb is if it looks fishy, I will only bid if I can go look at the product or have someone I trust go look at the product. During the auction, I would have asked to come see it person and see what they said. Made some stroy up like hey...I'm going to be in OK City tomorrow on business...blah blah blah.

I would only send it if it is paypal. Any members in the area that can verify the merchandise for you? Might help.

Lastly, not to harp on you at all, but if you thought it was a scam, maybe you shouldnt have bid in the first place.

Just got this from Ebay....thought it was too good to be true... $2650 for a slightly used supercharger... I hate scammers!

Dear

The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 180065148602

Item Title - SUPERCHARGER Chevrolet or G.M 5.3 Complete Kit!

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller.

If the seller asks you to complete this transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you do not proceed with the transaction. Transactions for items listed on eBay but then completed off of the eBay platform are not covered by buyer protection programs offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud. For more information on Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of eBay, copy and past the following Help Page link into your browser: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-sp...-ebay-sale.html.

If you have already paid for this item but have not received it, you should take all possible steps to receive reimbursement.

1. Stop payment with your bank if you paid by check.

2. Contact the Security Department of your credit card company to file a chargeback if you paid via credit card.

3. If you paid via Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400).

4. If you paid with PayPal, you may be eligible for up to $1,000 USD coverage at no cost. To file a claim with PayPal, login to your PayPal account and copy and paste the following link into your web browser:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...s-buyer-outside Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the File a Claim link. PayPal claims must be filed within 45 days of the close of the listing. It may take at least 30 days to complete the investigation and resolve the dispute.

5. If you did not pay with PayPal and would like to file a claim with eBay, please initiate the Item Not Received Process online directly from the Security and Resolution Center at the bottom of the eBay.com page.

6. eBay claims must be filed within 60 days of the end of the listing.

Our goal is to ensure that your eBay experience is safe so that you can buy confidently. It is rare that something goes wrong with a transaction on eBay. However, in the event it does, we would like to provide as much assistance as possible to help resolve the issue.

Please do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

eBay Inc

Thanks for the comments! Special thanks to Ebay for being on top of the problem. Sale was canceled and taken off My Ebay. The funny thing is the address in New Jersey looked OK (googled it and came up with a person named Hall).

Here is the email that was sent this morning for payment. Was very slick with the graphics from " Ebay Security and Resolution Center" and links to Moneygram and Squaretrade. When I check on Ebay, there was a note from Moneygram that they are not a escrow service... Hopefully no one else will fall for this crap

Dear eBay member,

The following item(s) are protected in this eBay transaction:

Date of bid : Item entitled : TRANSACTION DETAILS Item #

Wednesday, Dec 20, 2006 05:41:27 PST

SUPERCHARGER Chevrolet or G.M 5.3 Complete Kit!

Complete your eBay transaction in 4 easy steps:

eBay accepts the transaction and offers purchase protection to the buyer (if the transaction is declined, no further action is required from the buyer or the seller);

The buyer sends payment and the seller receives it. After the payment is received, the seller must notify eBay. Buyer will send the payment details directly to the seller's email address. The seller has three business days to send the tracking number of the shipment to the buyer and to eBay. If no tracking number is provided, a full refund is immediately sent to the buyer;

Buyer receives the merchandise and has five days to inspect it. If it is complete and as described, the buyer should accept the merchandise. If he refuses the merchandise, the buyer must ship the merchandise back to the seller within three business days.

After the inspection period is over, the buyer must contact eBay with the result of the inspection. If the buyer refuses the merchandise, the refund will be sent to the buyer after the tracking number for the return shipment is verified.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping Details :

Ship to:

UPS Next Day

Shipping cost: US$ 0.00

Duration: 1 Day (2-3) Days in weekends

Package type: Envelope

Tracking number: PENDING

(WAITING FOR PAYMENT)

Ship from: Additional costs:

Name: Catherine Hall

Address: 405 Ludlow Avenue

City / State:Spring Lake,NJ

Zip / Country: 07762,United States Item: SUPERCHARGER Chevrolet or G.M 5.3 Complete Kit!

Price: US$ $2,650.00

Shipping & Handling: US$ 0.00

Total amount to pay: US$ $2,650.00

Seller's verified payment address:

First name: Catherine

Last name: Hall

Address: 405 Ludlow Avenue

City: Spring Lake,NJ

Zip code: 07762

The merchandise must be sent to:

Buyer's shipping address:

Payment instructions:

Next step to be taken: The buyer must send the payment to the seller via Money Gram :

Our seller use Money Gram Service for the payment due the fact is not able to use Pay Pal as a method of payment for the moment.

Payment must be sent by Money Gram.

Next step to be taken: The buyer must send the payment to the seller.

To submit the payment with Money Gram you have the following option:

Pay for the transfer with cash at a local Money Gram agent.

Click here to locate the agents in your area: http://www.moneygram.com/eFindUs/findUs.do...languageCode=en

However, Money Gram is designed mainly for sending cash to friends and family in need, so telling them you are sending the money to an eBay seller will prevent your money transfer to go through and you will be unable to complete this transaction.

Because the fee to send a Money Gram is high,compared to other methods of payment, we have arranged with the seller to compensate for half of this fee (i.e. if it costs you US$ 100.00 to send the payment, take US$ 50.00 from the amount insured and send the balance).

Once the payment was sent, email the seller at: [email protected] the following information :

1) 8 digits(Reference number):

2) Exact sender's name on file with Money Gram:

3) Your street address on file with Money Gram:

4) City and country where you sent the money from:

5) Amount sent:

Then wait for the confirmation the payment was received. Within 3 business days, you will receive the tracking number for your

merchandise.

Purchase protection and refund:

Currently, this seller has a US$ 5,988.09 deposit in an eBay managed purchase protection account. Transactions with this eBay seller are covered by purchase protection against fraud and description errors.For your safety, this account was locked today, for 30 days time.The seller is unable to withdraw any money from it, within this period. Should you need a refund for this transaction, the insured amount will be taken from the seller's purchase protection account and sent to you. The refund is sent to your bank account, or by check or money order.

The way you are refunded is at your choice. You have 30 days from the above verification date to request a refund. Refund requests are processed within 3 days.

The insurer of this transaction is eBay Inc., located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125, United States of America.

The account is managed by eBay's Square Trade center. This transaction is supervised by eBay's Safe Harbor team.

Conditions to be met before you may ask for a refund :

Here are the situations suitable for a refund request:

1. If the item doesn't arrive and/or the seller stops communications after the payment was received;

2. If the merchandise you receive has different specifications than the ones you agreed on;

3. If your merchandise arrives in a much longer period than the one you agreed on (more than 15 days from the payment clearance day);

For cases 2) and 3) you have to send back the merchandise to the seller prior to ask for your refund. If you did not pay the seller by the required payment method, your refund request would be declined.

Important Usage Guidelines:

1. The contact information should only be used for resolving matters related to eBay. Any other use is strictly prohibited.

2. This transaction is protected by eBay services such as insurance, feedback and dispute resolution.

3. You may buy and sell with confidence in all transactions with this eBay member.

4. If you need to dispute this transaction, keep the transaction number at hand when contacting eBay. Any complaints must be filed within 30 days from the verification date.

This e-mail message was sent to you from eBay Safe Harbor team, with the full support of the Square Trade center.

The seller was informed about this transaction being started and is

awaiting your payment. It is recommended to send the payment as soon as possible, because your purchase protection is valid for 30 days only.If you encounter any problems with this transaction, please contact us.

When contacting our support team, use the reply feature so that all previous correspondences are included in your email. Otherwise, we will not be able to process your request.

To ask for a refund, simply reply to this notification and enter in the subject line:

Refund request for eBay Transaction #180065148602.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Safe Trading Tips - Buy with Confidence

Copyright 1995-2006 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

spring lake is like 30 min away from me.. but if im not mistaken i had talked to someone in spring lake in may when i was in the process of buyin a superhcarger and that name sounds familar. they said they had a garage with w/e buisness name i cant remeber and said they would sell me and install the radi(satin) for 5200.. sounded like a deal. they even said they were gm cert. but i ended up going thro tbyrne .. but anyway i think thats the same person.. haha

I had the same issue with a $400 cell phone and by the time ebay sent me the email, the money had already been transferred. I then contacted paypal they did nothing about it. Luckily I had purchased the item through PayPal but using my credit card. I called Capital 1 up and before I hung up with customer service $400 had been credited to my card.

I am glad things worked out and you didn't lose any money. :thumbs: