first casualty with new ss

rivierakid55

so as some of you may or not know, i ran over a LARGE median divider leaving my buddies house after the national championship game. (no i wasnt drinking, just bad driving) anyways, immediately i get two flats on my driver side. :banghead: got the truck towed to the house and dealt with it yesterday.

firstly went out to my trusty 88 honda that i havent ran in about two months and nothing. deader than chit. so my wife's got the honda at her work up in redwood city and im stuck at home. call my buddy at enterprise rental car and see if he's got anything to rent me. an hour later he shows up at my house in an 07 nissan titan. :crackup: im already thinking this is too funny. (mind you my friend is not a car guy and has no idea why im laughing when he picks me up)

back to the ss. pull off the wheels and :mad: both are bent. tires might be okay ill wait and see. drive the titan over to union city and drop the wheels off at this place to repair. have to send them to l.a. yuck gonna take about a week. so now i really need to find 2 wheels. as i mentioned in a post from yesterday that a friend has a set of escalade wheels to sell me but he wants 500 for them. no thanks. head over to santa clara truck wreckers and manage to buy a set of 4 stock chevy 16X7 wheels i think with pretty much no tread left on any of them for 200 bucks. fine i said.

so now im rocking real ghetto style with two janky wheels in the rear along with two nice ones in the front. im gonna post pics today when i go home as i forgot my memory card at the house.

the end of the story? of course not. so the Nissan Titan.

well my opinion has changed and then changed back i guess.

- very nice ride for a 4X4

- pretty smooth drivetrain. (five speed auto is pretty cool)

- really ugly imo both inside and outside (mine was forest green :puke: )

- interior is chincy at best

- overall = good power and ugly truck

so no i wouldnt buy one but is it a viable alternative, who knows.

ill be posting some side by side picks today of both trucks sitting in my driveway. lol. sorry for the long post but had to get it all down before my brain frys for the day.

Sorry to hear about the wheels man, that really sucks. A friend of mine has a Titan but I have yet to ride in it so I can't really comment on it all that much. As for the looks though, it wouldn't be my first choice. Actually, looks wise, it probably woudn't be on the list.

Edited by 2006SilverSS (see edit history)

so as some of you may or not know, i ran over a LARGE median divider leaving my buddies house after the national championship game. (no i wasnt drinking, just bad driving)  anyways, immediately i get two flats on my driver side.  :banghead:  got the truck towed to the house and dealt with it yesterday. 

firstly went out to my trusty 88 honda that i havent ran in about two months and nothing.  deader than chit.  so my wife's got the honda at her work up in redwood city and im stuck at home.  call my buddy at enterprise rental car and see if he's got anything to rent me.  an hour later he shows up at my house in an 07 nissan titan.  :crackup:  im already thinking this is too funny.  (mind you my friend is not a car guy and has no idea why im laughing when he picks me up) 

back to the ss.  pull off the wheels and  :mad: both are bent.  tires might be okay ill wait and see.  drive the titan over to union city and drop the wheels off at this place to repair.  have to send them to l.a.  yuck gonna take about a week.  so now i really need to find 2 wheels.  as i mentioned in a post from yesterday that a friend has a set of escalade wheels to sell me but he wants 500 for them.  no thanks.  head over to santa clara truck wreckers and manage to buy a set of 4 stock chevy 16X7 wheels i think with pretty much no tread left on any of them for 200 bucks.  fine i said.

so now im rocking real ghetto style with two janky wheels in the rear along with two nice ones in the front.  im gonna post pics today when i go home as i forgot my memory card at the house. 

the end of the story?  of course not.  so the Nissan Titan.

well my opinion has changed and then changed back i guess.

-  very nice ride for a 4X4

-  pretty smooth drivetrain.  (five speed auto is pretty cool)

-  really ugly imo both inside and outside (mine was forest green  :puke: )

-  interior is chincy at best

-  overall = good power and ugly truck

so no i wouldnt buy one but is it a viable alternative, who knows.

ill be posting some side by side picks today of both trucks sitting in my driveway.  lol.  sorry for the long post but had to get it all down before my brain frys for the day.

trying to pull of dub move...i hit the curb too... :flag: