Finally installed GMPP Cat-Back on my V-Max

Vortec MAX

Well, I finally got the GM Performance Parts exhaust system put on my Vortec MAX. I thought I would start a new post now that it is done. Just to recap, I actually ordered the system that is for the Silverado SS. I also got the double wall angle cut tip that was for the SS. The part numbers for the system were:

GMPP SS Exhaust - 17800765

GMPP SS Exh Tip - 17802143

The system is made by BORLA and the pipes are mandrel bent with a high flow muffler. The tip is double wall, polished stainless steel, angle cut, with a bowtie logo.

You will find below more pics than you want to see. Sorry about the truck being dirty, but the weather here has not cooperated lately.

Pics of the install:

Install pic 01

Install pic 02

Install pic 03

Install pic 04

Install pic 05

Install pic 06

Install pic 07

Install pic 08

Install pic 09

Install pic 10

Install pic 11

Pics of the kit:

Pipes

Tip

Muffler pic 01

Muffler pic 02

Muffler pic 03

Muffler pic 04

Pics of the stock flange vs. the GMPP flange:

GMPP flange pic 01

GMPP flange pic 02

Stock flange pic 01

Stock flange pic 02

Pics of the stock system:

Stock system pic 01

Stock system pic 02

Pic of strange weld inserts in pipes before entering muffler:

Weld Inserts

Pic of my new REDNECK LAWN ORNAMENT:

Redneck Lawn Ornament :D

Next comes sound clips. I am working on them.

Mike

Any noticeable gains? Do you like the sound? Looks tits!

It does seem stronger on the bottom. I have not given it WOT for more than a few seconds yet, so I am not sure about the top end. I would actually like to get some more dyno time to see what the CAI and Cat-Back have done for me.

So far I like the sound. It sounds deeper, but it is still subtle at an idle. It is not very loud, which pleases me. I was actually worried it would be too loud for my liking (being the performance system), but it is pretty mellow. I have only driven it about 20 miles since the system was installed, so I am reserving judgement until I hear it on the freeway, etc. I also hope it sounds OK when I am pulling my camp trailer - we'll see.

The install was a breeze. I am not that mechanically inclined, and I installed it myself in about two hours. I only had to have help when lowering the stock exhaust. I left everything loose and aligned it all before tightening. It fit really well.

I am still working on the sound clips. I seem to have lost my digital recorder. I am looking for it.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
How long did it take to install that?

The install was a breeze. I am not that mechanically inclined, and I installed it myself in about two hours. I only had to have help when lowering the stock exhaust. I left everything loose and aligned it all before tightening. It fit really well.

How much did it cost you?

GMPP Exhaust - 17800765 - $404.95

GMPP Exh Tip - 17802143 --- $74.95

Shipping Charge --------------$48.95

Note: The system has gone up in price $25.00 since I ordered mine.

Mike