LED Crossover Bulb Numbers

Rausche

Ok, so I went on to the Sylvania website and looked at the lighting for my '03 SSS in order to get bulb numbers to do the LED swap... I ordered some 194s and some random other ones (578 and 211-2s, etc)... I got my order in a went to do all the replacements, everything went smoothly (besides little stuff like the LED bulbs being too big for the casing in the door, and the dome light I bought being weak as hell), but when I got around to doing the mirror lights, I took them out and they were HUGE! It's like a AA battery!...

I would love it if somebody posted up a nice list of what kind of bulb goes where, including the 3rd brake light and such... I'll start this off:

List as of 8/20/07 @ 2:23pm

Low Beam: 9006

High Beam: 9005

Parking Lights: 3157

Front Turn Signals: 3157

Rear Turn Signals: 3157

Tail Lights: 3157

3rd Brake Light: 921

License Plate: 194

Reverse Lights: 3157

Sidemarkers: 194

Map Lights: 168 / 578 <--- Can anyone confirm this?? I used 194s and they seemed to have worked fine so far...

Dome Light: 211-2

Lower Door Lights: 194

Cargo Light: 912

Daytime Runners: 4114 (or 3157/3057 for amber conversion, 3057 is the brightest I think)

Mirror Lights: 211-2

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This list is paraphrased from the Sylvania sight (obviously we don't have stock fog lights, so I didn't list them)...

I think if this list gets corrected / completed, it would be a great resource to anyone like me who just wants a simple bulb number... Also is you have experimented with swaps (like if a 194 works better than the 912 for the cargo light, 3057 better than 4114, etc), post it up so I can add it to the list!!!

Edited by Rausche (see edit history)

I fully agree that they don't translate right at all. As for the mirrors, they are the same as the Dome light. I just replaced mine with LED's as well. So for the dome and mirrors it's the 211-2. I went with the 9 LED lights for those and I wish that they were brighter, same for the map lights though, they aren't actually as bright as I was expecting.

OK, quick question to everyone who's swapped over their interior lights: Do they stay on? My LED map lights never shut off. When they're supposed to be off, they're just on VERY dimly, and they brighten/dim a little bit when I'm using the windows or brakes... Even with the truck off and locked they're still on a little bit... I'm thinking that this might be because the interior light system is reverse ground, so they're just using what power they can without using the ground, or maybe they're seeing a little bit of ground... Anybody have any thoughts on this at all?

• 1 month later...
OK, quick question to everyone who's swapped over their interior lights: Do they stay on? My LED map lights never shut off. When they're supposed to be off, they're just on VERY dimly, and they brighten/dim a little bit when I'm using the windows or brakes... Even with the truck off and locked they're still on a little bit... I'm thinking that this might be because the interior light system is reverse ground, so they're just using what power they can without using the ground, or maybe they're seeing a little bit of ground... Anybody have any thoughts on this at all?

wow, I can't say that I ever remember seeing this post. I haven't had any problems like that with the LED's on the inside of the truck. But at this point it doesn't seem worth having them since I have already had 3 go out. I'm thinking of just putting all the stock bulbs back in.

wow, I can't say that I ever remember seeing this post. I haven't had any problems like that with the LED's on the inside of the truck. But at this point it doesn't seem worth having them since I have already had 3 go out. I'm thinking of just putting all the stock bulbs back in.

Yeah, my white ones started flickering pretty nastily so I took them out and put the blue ones in (looks awesome)... When they die I'm pretty sure I'll be putting my stockers back in as well...

autolumination.com

terriffic site for LED's

+1...I've used them for years from boat and trailers, to both my car and truck. Great guys and fast shipping. They even have a vehicle crossover link for most vehicles. Cept I use their other site http://superlumination.com/1156_1157.htm

there is a few places that need resistors though....the glove box....bed illumination....and blinkers...

I have no idea of what resistors to use though. I would like to know as I'd love to get rid of my SilverStar chromed bulbs.

the glove box is some how integrated withyour map lights. If your map lights are sucking, then look to the glove box.

the only non-led bulbs on my SS are the headlights, tail/brake lights, and front blinkers.

random pics:pay no attention to the grey "scoops" they've been repainted :yellow_loser:

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j119/dawgbone4/SS/

Edited by dawgbone (see edit history)