MAGNAFLOW Cat-Back EXHAUST - Comments Good/Bad?!?

bjdtruck

STILL LOOKING for a decent exhaust for my new truck but shopping around a bit yet. Anybody have any comments about MAGNAFLOW? I want the performance I should be getting with a nice exhaust note but WITHOUT THE RESONANCE some systems create. Are Magnaflows decent systems or should I stick with my first two choices (Corsa or Borla)? :dunno:

Look around and use the search button this topic has been covered hundreds of time :) , in any case most like the magna flow system, it's what I'm sporting... it's a little bit less expensive compared to borla but sounds great and I believe performance is on par...

If you want to save a few bucks but still want a Borla kit, get the GM Peformance Parts cat-back.........cheaper than Magnaflow and Corsa. Technically it is a Borla kit with a GMPP stamp on it. You can get it for around $500 or so with the tip...........:chevy:

jsut had my local exhaust shop put in two magnaflows sounds great. try to stay away from flowmaster it will sound like a helicopter inside your truck. if your only doing minor upgrades theres no need to do cat back set up. why spend the extra money? cut pipes at the muffler put in one dual/dual or two single/single and let her roar. if you plan to do major upgrades like radix maybe the cat back set up is worth the extra cash.

Does the Magnaflow sound anything like a Corsa or Borla system? Is there a RESONANCE problem with Magnaflow exhaust systems? :confused:

go to their websites, they have sound bites of exhausts on various vehicles that could possibly help you with your question(s) I'm sporting the Corsa and it has absolutely no resonance or drone

Edited by Jond983 (see edit history)

The GMPP/Borla kit I have has little resonance and drone. In fact, this kit is quite mellow, a little quieter/tame than some others and is definitely worth the $$. :chevy:

Here are some sound clips at the back of my SSS........

Cold start......

WAVE0006.WAV

Warm start.......

WAVE0007.WAV

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

I have true dual exhaust on my ss with borla mufflers and absolutly love it 100% wouldnt change it. I don't have a fire wire to put vids on yet but im planning on having one today so maybe i'll put one up later. Anyone know how much a fire wire is?

One of our members, DCarins , let Magnaflow use his truck for the prototype system for the SS. He had posted sound clips of the results. I think a search will find that post of a few years ago. I had a Dual in and single out Magnaflow for awhile, but changed to the FloPro and got rid of my cab resonance problem.

Good luck

CD

I personally love the sound of both Magnaflow and Corsa. Magnaflow has a little resonance... but not that much. All depends on what size muffler you get...

I went to an exhaust shop to have my corsa installed today... anddddddd....... it wouldn't fit. :'( I took a chance on a slightly used Corsa Sport made for an '07...in hopes that it would fit... no such luck... :'( So if you're looking for a Corsa Sport.. PM me...

I personally love the sound of both Magnaflow and Corsa. Magnaflow has a little resonance... but not that much. All depends on what size muffler you get...

I went to an exhaust shop to have my corsa installed today... anddddddd....... it wouldn't fit. :'( I took a chance on a slightly used Corsa Sport made for an '07...in hopes that it would fit... no such luck... :'( So if you're looking for a Corsa Sport.. PM me...

Sent you a PM.