Advice On A Tc For A

So after letting a vortech blower sit in my garage for 3 months I am finally getting on prepping for install... I am looking for a good TC and I have heard a lot of good things about precision industries so I am planning on going with one of those... I don't tow often but would still like the abilty to tow and haul and I beleive that has a bearing on the stall? And I'm not sure what a good stall range would be for a SS with a centrifugal S/C on it? Also options such as 9.5" 10.5" ?? And multi disc or single disc?? And I think i want lock up right??

If anyone could offer some guidance on ordering one... it would be much appreciated...

Also my plans for the truck (as of now) is the s/c, with maybe 7-8lbs, headers and perhaps a cam

Well, if you want a TC that you can tow with and still work great with a centrifigal S/C then you better buy one with the best damned TCC you can, so multi-disc lockup clutch for sure. That way you can tow in 4th/OD rather than 3rd or unlocked and cook your ATF. Precision converters are a little tight, so I would go 3000 but 2800 is pretty good and 3200 is IMO too much for what you are asking for. Do not go less than 2800, I've got one in my truck (2800 TCS converter) and love it.

Mr. P.

im running a pi 10.5 3 disc 3200 stall and i like it . i towed a trailer with it this weekend with no problems , it only weighed about 3k loaded though.

but my trans temps never got over 140 with the fans on .

stay the hell away from TCs..... once you install that blower, lets see if you have any problems getting a good launch. THEN lets stall it even higher, and try again. what am i getting at?

-truck runs better with stock TC

-you will have a hard time holding a boosted 2wd 6.0 down, higher stall TC will just make it even harder

-save the money, and it will not decrease your 1/4 time

btw not thrashing aftermarket converters, they help the AWD trucks alot. the 2WD trucks just dont need them IMO. a stock truck might benefit, but definately not a blown one

whoa thats news to me. i'm not saying you're wrong or anything, its just the first time i ever heard that. but what do i know haha

from all ive read the centrifigal type blowers work better with a higher stall converter than say a roots style or radix type. kelley's right though about 2wd and launching.

fyi, im gonna be experimenting with a set of long bars myself which should drastically help out the traction issues us 2wd guys have here shortly. more info to come later.