Omfg One Thing After Another!

haul@ss

So i've been bitten by the mod bug again and just threw $2500 into rims and tires plus a couple hundred more for a roll pan... I got the wheels in thursday and went to go get them put on. Everything went smooth until we found out that the holes for the screw that hold in the center caps weren't even tapped! Talk about quality control :nonod: Therefore I was driving around the rest of the day without center caps on two of my wheels! I went back to the shop the next morning so that they could tap the whole and when i get my truck back, the dude tells me i need to go to ace hardware to buy a bigger screw because he drilled the hole an M7 instead of an M6.... So i go to various stores and they all tell me there are none in town... Finally the shop suggested they repair it using a helicoil kit.. so they did this and i spent another $50! but it fixed the problem... oh but wait theres more...

After riding around on the wheels, i notice the ride isn't smooth anymore and it tends to rub more than with the 20's (I'm lowered). So i'm all trying to figure why this is happening if the overall combo height is supposed to be shorter than the stock sized wheels & tires... After a little bit more riding i start to notice that i rub every time i hit even the SMALLEST bumps... I stop at a gas station and hop out to find that my front driver side shock is totally shot! :fume: And how did i know this? Well the shredded tire was a pretty daym clear sign!!!! :mad: My BRAND NEW Nitto 420s tire has shredded strips of rubber hanging off all around because apparenty it rubbed so much that the fender lip melted and hung low enough to take a good slashing at the rubber!!!!! oh and by the way, these tires aint cheap! At this point i'm about ready to kill somebody :M16: so its 1am and i decide i should probably head home before i do something stupid...

On the way, i get in the turning lane to turn left when I see a cop at my right on the perpendicular street turning left heading where i just came from (make sense?).. Anyway, seeing the cop reminded me of how I just got a tint ticket exactly one week before. I love the truck with the tint and I was quick to pay the $160 fine for the second time, so of course I still had it on. So i quickly roll down my windows hoping they wouldn't stop me again... But of course right as i made the turn, another cop pulled behind me and flashed his lights! :banghead: At this point i'm tellin myself that i'm ripping the tint off right when i get home! and so the cop appoaches the truck.. "Sir, where is your front license plate?" MY FRONT LICENSE PLATE?! GEEZ US CHRIST i'm just f*ckin myself over and over again! So i tell him how i got into an accident in which it broke the plate holder so i just took it off. He took my License and ran a check on me. When he comes back, he tells me to roll up my window :dupe: I'm thinkin i'm gonna get another ticket again so i tell him straight up that i didnt take the tint off.. He asks when i got the previous ticket so i tell him and he lets me go :sigh: I dunno if theres a law that prevents rme from getting tickets for the same offense in a certain time period but daym i was lucky... Didnt get a ticket but being stopped by cops just isnt fun ya know? and now im at home feeling like shit, about to order some new shocks...

So heres the summary:

- Pulled over for tint last Saturday, Paid $160 fine for the 2nd time

- Had to pay extra $$$ to fix what the wheel company forgot to do

- Shock blew out

- Fender lip melted due to rubbing

- Fender lip shredded brand new tire

- Pulled over by cops for no front plate

I know most of this was probably preventable by me but daym... :nonod:

Ok i'm done.

Edited by haul@ss (see edit history)

wow rough time you having... zip tie ur liscense plate behind ur grille or stick it in the window. Register your truck in another state for tint. And i wouldnt of paid a dime for the wheels i woulda gave them back and told them to give you your money back. Sometimes you gotta be a dick head with dealers and not let them push you around.

i see im not the only one with luck like that ive had 3 tint tickets and my roll pan took 2 weeks and rebuilding after a manufacturer flaw it was too short ive had 3 speeding tickets in the last 3 months then yesterday i gave the wifes tahoe a bath so the wheels were super blinging and i rolled up by a cop yesterday at a red light and out of the 15 cars at the red light he runs my plate and pulls me over to let me know my registration is out he let me go but it still sucks

So the guy at the shop told me that the hole was too big to begin with so he drilled it an M7 so that i could at least screw something in there to hold the cap.. i dont know if its true because why would the wheel manufacturer drill different sized holes? but then again they did forget to tap them... AH i dunno...

Maybe that is why it wasn't tapped ... too big of a hole and the tap didn't work and they didn't care to fix it at the factory.

but as 'automated' as everything is anymore I highly doubt the rim was drilled to large to begin with ... prolly a screw up in the shop.

Edited by Big O (see edit history)

but as 'automated' as everything is anymore I highly doubt the rim was drilled to large to begin with ... prolly a screw up in the shop.

thats what i'm saying. But i went to school with the guy and everyone at the shop is cool and have the best reputation up here.. its whatever now... haha

well at least u didnt get a ticket.....i got one saturday and wesday......for speeding 10 miles over. But 2 questions how do u like the 420(for the short time u had them) and can we see pics of the new rims :jester: jw

Edited by ss04flores (see edit history)