Belltech Leafs How To, Tips ?

instead of taking the tank off, just hack this bolt off at the shortest point and buy a new one from the dealership. its the front bolt on the drivers side. they are about 10 bucks. then when reinstalling, just put it in backwards so it dont hit the tank. also you will need to drop the trailer hitch assembly. but other than that, its an easy job. take your time and it'll go smooth.

Chris, do you cut the bolt on the outside of the frame and push it through towards the inside, or cut it from the inside and push the bolt out towards the outside? Did you just use a sawsall, or something else?

It doesn't atter where you cut the bolt! If you want just cut the head off so you can get it out from the other side, as the gas tank is in the way.

Only real tip I can give is for knowing which end goes where, one of the bolt holes is larger than the other. The large hole end goes towards the front.

look to do this install safely i would suggest having a buddy help. as far as cutting the bolt and installing it backwards dont do it. It is very easy to remove the gas tank. Sense you will have a friend thats no big deal ive done many of these installs some on lifts and most laying on my back. Good choice on the spindle drop instead of the spring drop the ride is much better. Let me know if you need anything

look to do this install safely i would suggest having a buddy help. as far as cutting the bolt and installing it backwards dont do it. It is very easy to remove the gas tank. Sense you will have a friend thats no big deal ive done many of these installs some on lifts and most laying on my back. Good choice on the spindle drop instead of the spring drop the ride is much better. Let me know if you need anything

Just out of curiosoty why would you not cut the bolt & just put a new one in? And install it the correct way? It just an un needed step they should have just installed the bolt from the other direction & this would have never been a problem.

Just out of curiosoty why would you not cut the bolt & just put a new one in? And install it the correct way? It just an un needed step they should have just installed the bolt from the other direction & this would have never been a problem.

i am with you on this one Yttaf. whats the big deal about blasting a 8 dollar bolt? cut the inside end off flush with the frame and back it out towards the outside. saves time, and to me, time is money.

so please do tell? why not cut the bolt??

The job is complete will post some pics when their aval....

Took me about 2.5 hours alone.

I did not drop the tank but cut off the section of the bolt that wasnt threaded.

After I unbolted the ubolts and rear shackle I was able to wiggle the front bolt out.

I a little touch up with my dremel I reinstalled the bolt the opposite way without a hitch.

Thanks guy

The job is complete will post some pics when their aval....

Took me about 2.5 hours alone.

I did not drop the tank but cut off the section of the bolt that wasnt threaded.

After I unbolted the ubolts and rear shackle I was able to wiggle the front bolt out.

I a little touch up with my dremel I reinstalled the bolt the opposite way without a hitch.

Thanks guy

Nice! That's exactly what I did to mine!!! Can't wait to see some pics...

That was pretty quick. Also the stance is going to be nice, post pics once you have time.

Yeah looks good with my 22's only issue is a slight rake from the back.

Looks like Ill have to play with the torison keys a bit to level it out.