A/c Heat Wacked Out

Tzer

So today I'm driving with the A/C on and I'm going to the local "Grass Clipping Dump Site".. Once there I left the truck running while I disposed of my grass. When I get back in the truck the drivers side all of a sudden is blowing heat and the passenger side is cool. Wtf? I messed with the controls and nothing would put it back to A/C on the drivers side. If you turn the truck off and back on it seems fine or resets itself, Weird..

I did a search and seen that this wasn't uncommon. But what is the problem actually?

I have the digital system and  have warranty. So I imagine it's Stealership time for this eh. I'm going to fight this one to avoid the deductable beings I requested this to be checked out when purchased.

When I test drove it in the winter I switched over to A/C and when I went back to heat the driver side didn't switch but the passenger side did, then once I ended the test drive and placed the SS in park the drivers side switched over to heat. That's why I requested them to check it out. I'm sure they didn't do jack, but I'm covered at least :cheers:

What can I tell them so they know how to pin point this problem?

So today I'm driving with the A/C on and I'm going to the local "Grass Clipping Dump Site".. Once there I left the truck running while I disposed of my grass. When I get back in the truck the drivers side all of a sudden is blowing heat and the passenger side is cool. Wtf? I messed with the controls and nothing would put it back to A/C on the drivers side. If you turn the truck off and back on it seems fine or resets itself, Weird..

I did a search and seen that this wasn't uncommon. But what is the problem actually?

I have the digital system and have warranty. So I imagine it's Stealership time for this eh. I'm going to fight this one to avoid the deductable beings I requested this to be checked out when purchased.

When I test drove it in the winter I switched over to A/C and when I went back to heat the driver side didn't switch but the passenger side did, then once I ended the test drive and placed the SS in park the drivers side switched over to heat. That's why I requested them to check it out. I'm sure they didn't do jack, but I'm covered at least :cheers:

What can I tell them so they know how to pin point this problem?

I had a same the same problem with my truck about 2 months ago and i fixed the broblem myself,the dealer wanted $600.00just to take the dash apart and extra money to fix it ,yeah right.The actuator behind your passanger side air bag is bad.It is very easy to fix ,you do have to take the dash of which is not hard.I also replaced the Resistor which control the fan speed its located by the passanger side under the glove box in black plastic duct ,use the search bar to find a how to take the dash off.good luck Mike