04 Cc Build Thread

some stuff i got right now...waiting on a few brackets to get here...lettin the paint shop paint my cladding, front bumper and my mirrors all red. so hopefully it will look pretty clean pretty soon..o and i picked up some 35" baja claws

my truck as of now

dsc00227hf0.jpg

rear cladding..so my ss bumper wont be a grass catcher!

dsc00213jw6.jpg

dsc00192sr9.jpg

dsc00191kl3.jpg

dsc00244es6.jpg

dsc00245lq2.jpg

dsc00246vf3.jpg

dsc00243sd6.jpg

ss cluster

1510568101uf1.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't wait to see the finished product. BTW what happened to that bumper you were working on and fiberglassing?

i gave up on it..haha..i hate working with fiberglass...i bought these cladding for the back..so when i get some time...i will try to get after it again

You already have the chrome main grille, and you've sent the middle bumper grille out for chroming, with that amount of money already tied up in chrome I'd send the ducts out for chroming too.

As for the brake duct vent grilles, here's a pic with the grilles chromed:

DSC00099R.jpg

And here's one with them painted black:

DSC00137R.jpg

ugh...license plate looks like crap.....pics taken before my little license plate bracket mod was installed!

just sent the guy an email to see how much the grilles cost...did you pull the grille out...did you grind the rivot off...how did you get them out?

If I remember correctly the brake duct grilles are attached to the duct housings with metal rivets and I used wire cutters to cut them off, to hold them in now, I use a smaller version of plastic push in pins that hold the middle bumper grille in.

Chroming costs about a year ago were:

Brake duct grilles 2 @ $35 each

Brake duct vents 2 @ $65 each