Led Thrid Brake Light Installed

Found a pretty cool product for the SS...

I wanted to retain the OEM look while adding style and help bring the tail end up to date a tad.

Everything is very good guality (better than the GM light). Once I installed it I noticed right away that the bed flood lights are much brighter than OEM (uses std bulbs).

The LED brake lights (10 LEDs in total) are MUCH, MUCH brighter as well. Overall I am very pleased. Just thought I would share my find in case others are interested.

100_0447.jpg

100_0448.jpg

100_0449.jpg

The lights are made by EFX and were purchased from Ebay ($47.00)

Link

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put the white LEDS in all the dome lights and trim pads, and it makes a night and day difference. I want to get the 3rd light like yours as well. I like it because it retains the factory look and doesn't look like a civic...lol

I'll have some installed pics up tomorrow.

***UPDATED WITH INSTALL PICS***

100_0452.jpg

100_0453.jpg

100_0454.jpg

100_0455.jpg

Sorry, I don't have any before pics. :(

As for the Ebay auctions, it looks like they come and go...

Here is a link to the EFX catolog:

Link

Edited by NebraSSka truck (see edit history)

I put the white LEDS in all the dome lights and trim pads, and it makes a night and day difference. I want to get the 3rd light like yours as well. I like it because it retains the factory look and doesn't look like a civic...lol

I put LED lights throughout the interior & exterior where I could as well. Mostly because It just looks cool as hell at night! :cool:

They match the color of my HIDs and are much brighter too!

100_0461.jpg

100_0459.jpg

100_0466.jpg

100_0467.jpg

100_0469.jpg

100_0470.jpg

100_0471.jpg

100_0472.jpg

100_0463.jpg

100_0464.jpg

Looks good :thumbs: Could you post up what bulbs (part#s)you are using for the interior and exterior lights and were did you get them. Mainly interested in new bulbs for my puddle lamps (under the mirrors) Thanks~

Looks good :thumbs: Could you post up what bulbs (part#s)you are using for the interior and exterior lights and were did you get them. Mainly interested in new bulbs for my puddle lamps (under the mirrors) Thanks~

looks great guys. yes part numbers please

i just realized that was totally lazy. i went outside and looked. pretty much knew what they all were anyway. but here you guys go.

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/A...LRG-Results.htm

Edited by slammedbowtie (see edit history)

Well, I'm using quite a conglmerate of bulbs really.

For the mirror courtesy lights I am using these:

FestoonLED.jpg

I believe the ones you want are the 42X10mm with the 6 SMD LEDS (Cool Light)

There is just barely enough room in the inside the housing to accomidate these (Perfect fit)

Superbrightleds.com

The license plate bulbs took a bit of shopping around and some trial and error.

Since the LEDs do not scatter the light as do incandecent bulbs, it was hard to find something that would illuminate the entire light bucket.

I found that you need an LED which incorporates a lens to scatter the light, but manages to fit within the small confines of the bumper light housings.

I ultimately settled on these:

Polarg%20Bulbs%20On%204800k.jpg

eautoworks.com

They are very spendy, however they do work perfectly and give off the same hue as the mirror lights above.

I purchased a few others prior to these, and these are definately the best I've found.