Need Some Info.

Zath

Hey guys, this winter I can't put my truck in my friends garage anymore because it's full now with his vehicles, so I have to store it out back of my house and I don't have a garage. So, anyone have any ideas/suggestions/reviews on a truck cover that will keep the truck nice during the winter? Also, it's grass that it'll be on so would putting plywood or something down before putting the truck in the back be better then just grass? I guess I just need to know a good, breathable cover that won't mess anything up. Thanks. and any other suggestions.. sigh.. hate winter.

-Scott

I'm not sure a cover would be the best thing to do. Sometimes they can cause more harm than good. The constant wind blowing causing the cover to rub against the truck can't be good for the paint. It's not the cover that will cause the damage. It will be the elements that get blown under the cover.

I would look for other places that you could store your truck, or slap on a good paint sealant and call it good. Here is an amazing sealant that most people turn to when doing winter prep on their vehicle: http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-insulator-wax-845.html

That's my opinion.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

If you have the time or resources, zI dont know the exact name of it but they are bascially big heavy duty tents in certain lengths (its basically a big tent but more burley). It will easily fit our truck inside and someone I know has one, it can withstand New England winters and their is a car garaged inside it. Temps are a little warmer but protects from the elements.

Do a search here on the forum, there is a ton of info on car covers. California Car Cover Company seems to be the favorite, they can be a bit pricey but offer a variety of high quality covers. I myself will be ordering either a Storm Weave or Noah myself in the coming weeks.

California Car Cover Company

I appreciate the information, I ordered the wax you talked about SS Silv and I also ordered the stormweave from california car cover. Would applying the wax then using car cover almost elminate any rubbing? I'm not to worried about the wind as it'll have a house on its left side and a fence on the other, to cut down on some of the wind.

I appreciate the information, I ordered the wax you talked about SS Silv and I also ordered the stormweave from california car cover. Would applying the wax then using car cover almost elminate any rubbing? I'm not to worried about the wind as it'll have a house on its left side and a fence on the other, to cut down on some of the wind.

Yes that should be fine.....

The short amount of time it's going to be sitting I'd wash it, put a couple of coats of wax on the rub points, put fresh oil in it, put a high quality car cover on it and call it good, oh, and maybe some Sta-Bil in the gas tank. That's the procedure I used when I'd put my 67 Camaro SS/RS up for the winter except I never put Sta-Bil in the gas, and I parked it on the grass.