Header collectors

SS1316

Yeah, I have a little more than a bedrug. :cheers:

Lee - Those digital calipers are great. I bought them off ebay last year for $20. I wouldn't have believed it, but they are very accurate. Money well spent for sure. Push buton swaps from metric / SAE.

I used a hacksaw, cut off the 3 bolt flange, then took a pipe expander and slowly stretched the collector out to 3". Then just welded up a 3" flange to the original location.

I did the same thing to another set, but on them I used a 3" ball & socket collector which turned out great. I think I'm going to move to that collector, so it won't leak and doesn't need gaskets. Here is an installed shot of those ASM headers with the custom 3" collector. Collectors and pipe were painted with high heat fake ceramic type paint. Matched the ASM finish very well. :rolleyes:

exh1.jpg

Yeah, I have a little more than a bedrug. :cheers:

Lee - Those digital calipers are great. I bought them off ebay last year for $20. I wouldn't have believed it, but they are very accurate. Money well spent for sure. Push buton swaps from metric / SAE.

I used a hacksaw, cut off the 3 bolt flange, then took a pipe expander and slowly stretched the collector out to 3". Then just welded up a 3" flange to the original location.

I did the same thing to another set, but on them I used a 3" ball & socket collector which turned out great. I think I'm going to move to that collector, so it won't leak and doesn't need gaskets. Here is an installed shot of those ASM headers with the custom 3" collector. Collectors and pipe were painted with high heat fake ceramic type paint. Matched the ASM finish very well. :rolleyes:

exh1.jpg

jeez where was this info when i installed my asm. i would have done the same thing. i hate the flanges on the asm's ah i guess it will be something to change in the future.

I think they are flowmaster collector flanges. They are much better than the typical 3 bolt flange.

I welded my SS's exhaust, but those pics are on an Escalade I was working with last year. I had a shop with a lift take care of that project.

Archived