New Here need help choosing programmer

Buying a brand new handheld is in most cases the same money or more than buying a NelsonTune, a PCMFORLESS tune, or some other pro tune. You'll be much more satisfied with one of those than a handheld. Also, you *could* do your own tuning with LS1Edit or HP Tuners software, but you have to be a masicist :jester:

Just for perspective, I live about 12 miles from Superchips, and have been doing tunes with them since the early nineties, when they used to dyno out of a cheap little office / warehouse combo. I got them to do a "custom" flash on my superchips handheld, but went the HPT route once I saw the gains possible with custom tunes.

If you are really dedicated on getting a handheld, send me a PM and I'll sell you my reflash superchips tuner for the price the new ones *should* be (read cheap), but I'd really advise you to go custom.

Oh yeah, instead of that throttle body space, buy a good air filter. :thumbs:

HP Tuners is a good route to take. There is a lot of information out there on the internet regarding tuning and how to get it done. Plus there are a lot of guys around here that would be happy to help out.

Handheld's are okay for the someone that just wants their vehicle to shift a little more aggresively and remove or move up the speed limiter. if that is all you are looking for than SuperChips would do the trick. But, once you start changing other things you are going to need the ability to change your tuning and you are limited by the handheld. where as with HP Tuners you are make those changes.

Then of course there are mail order performance tunes. There are a lot of people that have great luck with these. PCMforless.com is actually a sponsor of our website, and has had great results when tuning the SS (as he asctually has one himself that he races around in). If you have figured out the PM feature then go ahead and drop him one, he is really good about getting back to people.

Best of luck with whatever you choose. and welcome to SSS.com.

:thumbs:

:withstupid: Don't waste your money get a custume tune, and instead of a throttle body spacer get you a volant or something similar. and by the way welcome to the family!! :D I personally have PCMFORLESS, but I also heard good things about NELSON. Just compare prices and what ever you picked you can't go wrong. :thumbs:

:seeya:

Wow, thanks for all the resposes guys. I am definately gonna have to go with a custom tune. I'm sure there a bit more $$ but sounds like they are worth it. Thanks again!

Albie

Actually NO, They are not more money than handhelds as a matter of fact mine was cheaper than a handheld. We are not allowed to dicuss prices but check it out yourself and you will see. Bryan click on this link :thumbs:

:seeya:

Archived