TSB # for rear window noise

cerbomark

So far all I have found is this from 99

1999 990848001 CONCERNS WITH WIND NOISE FROM REAR QUARTER WINDOW.

Not sure if that is the same problem. You can try this Link Chevy AllData Summary and see if another year or model will point you the right TSB. Sometimes when a dealer see that you have done your home work, they will get serious about fixing the problem.

Good Luck

CD

I own a glass shop in west central Indiana, and I have replace SOOOO many of those damn quarter glasses, it isn't funny. I have seen two different things happen. The first (and rarest of the two) is that the primer breaks down that adheres the glass to the rubber hinge (it is hidden behind the glass and is not visible until the unit is removed). The second thing that I see (VERY COMMON) is that the hinge just gets sloppy (it is rubber, and a STUPID DESIGN if I may say so myself)(and I am a die hard Chevy guy). There are two things that can be done (even though the dealer probably won't know it).

1. You CAN just replace the glass and leave the frame glued onto the truck. This is very difficult, and takes someone with patience and the knowledge of how these peice are affixed together.

2. You have to replace the frame and glass. This is not extremely hard, but again, you have to know what you are doing. In most cases, your local friendly Chevy dealer will sub this work out to a local glass shop. My only advise is to make sure that the person doing the work is using approved adhesives (Essex brand adhesives are OE) and make sure they are trained/certified. Most large companies (such as Safelite) are not always known as having the best workmanship!

If you have and questions, please let me know. I know that I have a few of these windows/frames laying around in back, so I will try and get you guys some pictures to illustrate my point!

Yes, it will be covered under warranty....believe me, Chevy has done a LOT of them....

Just contact you local dealer, I am sure they will know right away what the problem is. I have one coming into my shop tomorrow for the same problem.

Archived