DRL Replacments

I looked in the manual and it says 4114k? I want to change them to hyper white or something better looking than stock. I had piaa DRL's on my 00 tahoe but they were 3157.I have seena couple 03 or 04 running the hyper whites but i cant find them anywhere any one done this yet?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the idea - I put in the amber Sylvania 4157, and they are great, love them. and MAN are they bright! BUT, the plastic white socket is burned-up a bit from the factory bulbs, have any of you also seen this on your DRL? Or maybe heard of a TSB regarding overheated lamp sockets??

Mr. P. :)

...BUT, the plastic white socket is burned-up a bit ...

Get bulb grease to help on the thermal issues. I'm surprised bulb grease wasn't installed from the factory. And likewise, my '03 Z71 had a bit of a burn on the sockets.

In the meantime:

28484574.jpg

=======================

the ones at autozone seem to burn out after a day or two( high quality APC) :yellow_loser:

The piaa seem to last for a while in-fact i havent had one burn out on me except the time it hit some water when it was hot but they look sweet.

...BUT, the plastic white socket is burned-up a bit ...

Get bulb grease to help on the thermal issues. I'm surprised bulb grease wasn't installed from the factory. And likewise, my '03 Z71 had a bit of a burn on the sockets.

In the meantime:

28484574.jpg

=======================

Thanks Man, will do that today.

Mr. P. :)

Archived