cab leak

522jake

Thanks for all the tips. It's also nice to know i'm not alone. It was a little scary when i was told to start thinking about a "buy back" from GM. :eek: I've asked for them to extend my warranty past the 75,000 miles and go to at least 100,000 due to the fact there is water so close to all that electrical stuff. They have assured me the problem will be fixed and I will be "taken care of". Hopefully they follow through. I will keep everyone informed. Should hear from the dealer and GM customer service tommorow in the p.m.

Later-

Zak

Just my $.02 here, but as a rule of thumb.....if you windshield is leaking, you will see the drip coming from the top! That is really the only place a w/s can leak, because on the bottom the w/s sits like a shingle on a house...even when water is blown/forced up, it is EXTREMELY difficult for it to be the w/s.

Being in the auto glass industry, most people automatically assume that when they have a leak, it is the w/s......very rarely is that so. Water leaks can be one of the trickiest things to find. One time we had a lady bring her Montana van back and complained of a leak...we water tested the w/s....in the end, it ended up being the farthest rear screw of the luggage rack...we could hardly believe it!

Archived