Question for those running 22s

You should be fine with the 2/2. I have the McG's kit and have moderate rubbing in the front with my 22's.

I actually have a space on the bottom of my inner wheel well cover that is about 2 inches across and 2 inches high that has rubbed away. :devil:

I have 40 series tires too, but I think I am one of the few that has this problem. Not a big deal though. It just depends on how wide your rims are and how tight you turn.

The truck will look great with the drop. Go for it. :thumbs:

You should be fine with the 2/2. I have the McG's kit and have moderate rubbing in the front with my 22's.

I actually have a space on the bottom of my inner wheel well cover that is about 2 inches across and 2 inches high that has rubbed away. :devil:

I have 40 series tires too, but I think I am one of the few that has this problem. Not a big deal though. It just depends on how wide your rims are and how tight you turn.

The truck will look great with the drop. Go for it. :thumbs:

I'm running 22x9.5. What width wheel are you running?

Is anyone running 22s with a lowering kit?  I am thinking about purchasing the Belltech lowering system for the SS.  It is 2/2 drop.  I am running 305/40R22.  Does anyone know of or think there will be rubbing issues?

MY DAD HAS A 2003 SILVERADO LT WHITH 22's

HIS TIRES ARE 305/45/22 AND THEY RUB JUST A LITTLE BIT WHEN HE TURNS....NO BIG DEAL :driving:

My truck vears slightly to the right. When I do about 80 on the highway where the pavement is a bit uneven, I can feel my truck want to pull from side to side.

Since it wasn't that bad of a misalignment I thought I could hold of for a little while. At least until I need new tires which will be in about a month or so.

Rubbing will be the least of your worries.

You will want to keep those nice chrome rims clean. :D

Drop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to slam mine, but I can't because of the awd. :sigh:

Archived