Question for those running 22s

I originally tested the bell tech kit for them and it was just keys and shackels from a tahoe/avay. something they already had in stock I have a new price sheet that lists it for the silveradoss just keys and shackels for $350 I didn't do shocks still running stock shocks and havn't had a problem. Oh yeah it came with the urethane bump stops but I just cut one nub off of the stock bump stops on all four corners (got lazy) I havn't had a problem doesn't bottom out!

Jon

I would say the main reason for your rubbing issues SSplaytoy is because of the 9.5" rim. I originally contemplated going with a 10" rim all around my truck, but after talking about it with Bryan from Intro, I just went with the stock width rim. After installing the rims and tires, I was very glad I did this because there is about a butt hair of clearance when at full turn. I think my tires would rub with a 45 series tire.

jboyd2004,

I highly recommend the McGaughy's kit. I don't have any experience with torsion keys, but the ride with the spindles is just like stock. I have heard some people end up not liking the ride after using the keys. If the Belltech kit cost $450.00-$500.00, then I would definately go with the MG kit. I think it cost me about $430.00 to my door. That Belltech kit seems extremely high because MG offers the same kit for $255.00.

Late- Alex

Key's or spindles @ 2" of drop your going to have the same ride quality there is still the same weight on the tortion bars, there for the same amount of twist in turn you will have the same ride quality as stock! The only thing that spindles might have over keys is less bump steer by using keys you are changing the ride height of the suspention and puting an angle on the steering arms and you might end up with some bump steer but it's not going to be enough on a street driven vehicle to ever notice!

Key's or spindles @ 2" of drop your going to have the same ride quality

I don't know about that one. :confused: I have read a few threads on this board of some people using keys and hated the way their truck rode after. I know my truck rode differently after I adjusted the torsion bars to match the rear height of my truck and that was less than 2". I guess it's all up to the owner of the truck and what their opinion of ride quality is.

Late- Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Archived