Desired shift time Vs. Torque

NateZ

Somebody give me a quick summery on this table?

Nate

This is actually how long in hundredths of a second it takes to apply each gear.

The shorter the time the faster the apply it really all depends on how you like it some guys like it set at 0 all the way across and some like a little bit of time left in.

this table here takes readings mostly from the maf to decide how much line pressure to give the trans. the line pressure is what causes the shift timings to get quicker or slower.

this table here takes readings mostly from the maf to decide how much line pressure to give the trans. the line pressure is what causes the shift timings to get quicker or slower.

So what would be the reason for my 1-2 shift to become very long at WOT? too much line pressure?

Nate

what software are you using what have you change to make the shifts slow and longer? does it still do it when you put in the stock flash? also you have to make sure that in edit you dont change the max pressure to anything more than 96 on that front page.. any higher and you will loose a bunch of pressure.. a bunch...

• 3 weeks later...

I had a lagging 1-2 shift - I bumped up the line pressures in the............

"Base shift pressure vs torque vs gear" table under the A4 Shift Properties tab.

If you check out the 1st gear line in the "2d line" graph.... you can see it's pressure fades off a bit compared to the other gears. I bumped mine up between 2 and 4 points in areas to smooth it out. I now get pretty nice firm shifts.

Oh.... and I lowered my desired shift times by .1

Some say this makes a difference, some say it don't. I'm not too sure. I figure it's better quicker than slower.

I am having the same problem, so Nate, if you figure it out let me know.

Justin

Alright,

I think what i am going to do is go with a shift kit and servo, going to order it sometime next week. We tried puttin the line pressures up before without any luck, so i turned em back down cause i was afraid of breakin somthing, and the shift kit should fix everything right up.

Nate

Archived