Question for IdriveGTP

SSThunder

IdriveGTP: Which set of RCA outs do I plug into? The OEM kit said the door chimes run off the front set so the chimes would go through my sub amp. Is this correct? Thanks for the "how-to". I got the converter hooked up and I'm running my power wire and getting my back seat ready to mount my amp. I'm doing a "behind the rear seat" mount so I had to remove the rear seat. Lots of fun. :thumbs:

I just hooked mine up Friday... I used the RCA's without the sticker.

I had to hook them up and experiment with the gain control built into the PAC to find out which set were rear.

I'll use that set, I think it's the rear set. The PAC guide says something about the door chime coming through the front set and I would have to adjust the chime volume and I don't want to mess with that. Did you have to turn the gain control up or down on the PAC interface?

Have any of you guys used that piece and hooked up a new map ion nwe speakers in the front? I am just wondering how it sounds? Also where does that piece plug into? behind the radio or in the center console?

Have any of you guys used that piece and hooked up a new map ion nwe speakers in the front? I am just wondering how it sounds?  Also where does that piece plug into? behind the radio or in the center console?

Wow I cant even read my posts, sorry. what I meant to say is has anyone hooked up a NEW AMP to NEW speakers in the front? and then the rest is normal.

Have any of you guys used that piece and hooked up a new map ion nwe speakers in the front? I am just wondering how it sounds?  Also where does that piece plug into? behind the radio or in the center console?

Wow I cant even read my posts, sorry. what I meant to say is has anyone hooked up a NEW AMP to NEW speakers in the front? and then the rest is normal.

The PAC adapter hooks up to the bose amp in the center console. There's a great picture "how-to" post on this here: PAC Converter. IdriveGTP does a good job showing the hook-up. I read on the PAC package that the door chimes would come through the amp if you hooked up to the front RCA pair. It said you would have to turn your door chime down so I didn't want to mess with that. The rear set works great.

someones had a bit too many drinky-poos today

:cheers: Nah I just did a 10 hour trip to Michigan in 8.5 hours

a little tired and the fingers werent working right. thanks for the laugh

though :cheers:

I guess you might use the phrase "Better late than never" here....

I am glad you sent me a PM, because as you can see it has taken me a couple of days to get back here (don't you hate is when you get swamped at work)!

Archived