Lets be knit-picky

fast4popper

Lotta great responses here - GM are you listening?

My biggest ergonomic/asthetic Nits (already stated earlier) are:

1) Hi-beam indicator too bright

2) That chime is WAY too loud

3) Cladding a little too wavy

What I'd like to see in the future (or what should've been):

1) RCSB w/ Ext. Cab option

2) 6-speed option

3) AWD option (This would limit the engine power and maybe tranny option choices)

4) Power operated rear window option for XC

5) H-rated Tires (there may not be any out there in the current offering size, I know)

6) Why not real leather for the back seat?

7) An last but not least, staying true to heritage, a NA 500 hp SRT-10 and Ligntning @ss kicker engine option!  :chevy:  :chevy:

I think there is a BCM flash that takes care of the High Beam indicator brightness, I may be wrong but I think I have read that somewhere.

JOSH

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Underhood light, roll pan with exhaust cutouts, LS7 V8 with upgraded 4L80E, graphite headliner and trim, factory sunroof and overhead console with DVD, better quality leather in seats, non buckling cladding, sway bars, navigation system, built in retractable step for easier entry into cab for shorter people, more appropriately sized brakes, lighter stock wheels, and a better resale value.

But I think if GM did all of this the truck would cost 75,000.00! I'll take mine the way it is. :driving:

Lotta great responses here - GM are you listening?

My biggest ergonomic/asthetic Nits (already stated earlier) are:

1) Hi-beam indicator too bright

2) That chime is WAY too loud

3) Cladding a little too wavy

What I'd like to see in the future (or what should've been):

1) RCSB w/ Ext. Cab option

2) 6-speed option

3) AWD option (This would limit the engine power and maybe tranny option choices)

4) Power operated rear window option for XC

5) H-rated Tires (there may not be any out there in the current offering size, I know)

6) Why not real leather for the back seat?

7) An last but not least, staying true to heritage, a NA 500 hp SRT-10 and Ligntning @ss kicker engine option!  :chevy:  :chevy:

I think there is a BCM flash that takes care of the High Beam indicator brightness, I may be wrong but I think I have read that somewhere.

JOSH

Thanks Josh, yeah I heard something about that - I should talk to dealer next time in for something. :cheers:

I think these trucks need factory fog lights. Even the 90-93 SSs had them back then and now when almost everything on the road has foglights they are not offered on these trucks. Also I'd like to see more exterior color options.

:rant:

I don't know if this had been brought up because I don't feel like going through all these post right now, but WHY THE HELL DON'T THESE TRUCKS HAVE SOME TYPE OF RAIN GUTTER???? Not only is there no rain gutter, but the way the door is angled, water just flows right in off of the roof. I got a nice little shower while in the drive through at a fast food joint. Not only does it do that when it's raining, but also when there is some dew leftover from overnight.

Can you tell I'm pissed right now??? :rant:

Late- Alex

WHY THE HELL DON'T THESE TRUCKS HAVE SOME TYPE OF RAIN GUTTER???? ...

I'm just the messenger, so can't debate the issue, but when I had my Pontiac Grand Am, the same argument was raised at the grandamgt.com website. Everytime the door is opened, your face has a bath. The same Weathertechs were recommended, which I use and enjoy on my truck.

A GM tech belongs to that board and remarked nearly every manufacturer removed that style of gutter. I thought the main reason was for styling, but he said the actual reason was for mileage improvements. Don't laugh. He listed some charts demonstrating body changes that assisted mileage improvements, such as the gutter, mirror shape, slope of the windshield.

Is there any truck or car today with a rain gutter?

Ok, here's my 2 cents worth...

1. Redesign the stupid-looking XM and OnStar antennae - something hidden would be nice.

2. A slightly lower suspension would be cool. It's a SPORT TRUCK, not a work truck or an off-roader - we don't need it as high as it is.

3. Stronger tranny to handle more horsepower from the factory. There's no reason why the Lightning and the SRT-10 should be so much faster - Chevy should be competing a little better instead of ignoring the other two. Hey Chevrolet, if you're gonna come to the sport truck party, you better be prepared to dance!

Other than that, I can't complain much. I like this truck more than any other vehicle I've ever had. #2 and #3 I can change, with enough money... but I guess I'm stuck with two weird bumps on my roof (#1).

:chevy:

:rant:

I don't know if this had been brought up because I don't feel like going through all these post right now, but WHY THE HELL DON'T THESE TRUCKS HAVE SOME TYPE OF RAIN GUTTER???? Not only is there no rain gutter, but the way the door is angled, water just flows right in off of the roof. I got a nice little shower while in the drive through at a fast food joint. Not only does it do that when it's raining, but also when there is some dew leftover from overnight.

Can you tell I'm pissed right now???    :rant:

Late-  Alex

Hey r8rs4lf, I have the Lund wind deflectors that fit into the window channel - they don't stick to the outside of the truck. They work pretty good for me, you can see some pics with them in My Garage. Got them from Summit for around $40 I think...

I know about those things, but I want to keep my truck as accessory free as possible. It doesn't rain here all that much so it should be alright. I was just pissed yesterday! Thanks for the heads up though. :thumbs:

Late- Alex

Ok, here's my 2 cents worth...

1.  Redesign the stupid-looking XM and OnStar antennae - something hidden would be nice.

I guess I'm stuck with two weird bumps on my roof (#1).

:chevy:

That's exactly why I bought a truck without either of those options!

Archived