Which Power Capacitor should I buy??

SSThunder

By the way, I just installed my stereo tonight. I put in an ARC Audio 1500D amp (499x2 rms @ 4ohm mono) on the spec sheet with 2 eclipse aluminum DVC subs, and we tested volts at the battery and the amp with it on and off, and I don't need a cap. I guarantee that this system is draining more than your Kenwood.

By the way, I just installed my stereo tonight.  I put in an ARC Audio 1500D amp (499x2 rms @ 4ohm mono) on the spec sheet with 2 eclipse aluminum DVC subs, and we tested volts at the battery and the amp with it on and off, and I don't need a cap.  I guarantee that this system is draining more than your Kenwood.

I'm getting the PAC OEM adapter replaced by the seller and I'm also trying to get the amp replaced(with a Kenwood 900 watts rms Class D amp). The PAC adapter isn't working right(one channel works great, the other barely at all). The subs(mtx 8000 series - 400 watts rms, 1000 peak) probably aren't helping any since the amp can only push 179 watts rms to each sub. I'm betting the amp is the problem. The wiring is good, alternator is good and the battery is good. It only takes one small thing to be bad to cause the whole system not to work correctly.

By the way, I just installed my stereo tonight.  I put in an ARC Audio 1500D amp (499x2 rms @ 4ohm mono) on the spec sheet with 2 eclipse aluminum DVC subs, and we tested volts at the battery and the amp with it on and off, and I don't need a cap.  I guarantee that this system is draining more than your Kenwood.

I'm getting the PAC OEM adapter replaced by the seller and I'm also trying to get the amp replaced(with a Kenwood 900 watts rms Class D amp). The PAC adapter isn't working right(one channel works great, the other barely at all). The subs(mtx 8000 series - 400 watts rms, 1000 peak) probably aren't helping any since the amp can only push 179 watts rms to each sub. I'm betting the amp is the problem. The wiring is good, alternator is good and the battery is good. It only takes one small thing to be bad to cause the whole system not to work correctly.

I have a few suggestions if I may?

while you are waiting for new parts to get to you go thru

and DOUBLE check ALL of your connections. the absolute BIGGEST

thing that goes wrong with about any install is a good solid ground.

90% of the time when cars come into my shop that "I know what I am

doing" customers bring me to look at, The ground is the problem. also check

all of your terminations at all points. at the battery, fuse holder and grounding rings. This is just a suggestion from a VERY experienced Installer (that cant spell :dunno: ). -C-

I have a few suggestions if I may?

while you are waiting for new parts to get to you go thru

and DOUBLE check ALL of your connections. the absolute BIGGEST

thing that goes wrong with about any install is a good solid ground.

90% of the time when cars come into my shop that "I know what I am

doing" customers bring me to look at, The ground is the problem. also check

all of your terminations at all points. at the battery, fuse holder and grounding rings. This is just a suggestion from a VERY experienced Installer (that cant spell :dunno: ). -C-

I'm going to check it all while I wait on the new items. Hopefully everything is fine, but you never know. I'm just glad I'm getting the better amp. I bought the first kenwood too fast without checking into it enough. Thanks for the info :thumbs:

Archived