newbie got a question

Myke5

First of my name is mike and i own a GMC Sierra C3... I come around here and search for info which i have gotten alot from.. Anyway, i just finished installing the magnacharger radix last night and used the wester program for it.. Now i have the low coolant on, and the tank is good and SES is also on.. I have no clue now... Any opinions would be appreciated...

This is a great site..

mike

Have you changed anything else? Just curious since you have a low coolant light. Radix should have nothing to do with that.

You can get your SES scanned for free at Autozone. They can clear it and tell you what the issue is.

Have you changed anything else?  Just curious since you have a low coolant light.  Radix should have nothing to do with that. 

You can get your SES scanned for free at Autozone.  They can clear it and tell you what the issue is.

He prob drained his coolant to install the new crossover tube. Check for air bubbles in the system. Make sure your coolant is right!!!

i did nothing else.. I didnt drain the coolant, but some drained from the tb... but i did top it off and let some air out from reving the engine w/ cap off the resevoir... who knows maybe i still have some bubbles, but i did this for a while... Do you think the ses is due to the pcm still learning??? the truck runs fine, idles great...I live in alaska, so no auto zone... Dealership sucks here, so i dont want them messin w/ the truck,but i guess its the only way to find out...

mike

i did nothing else.. I didnt drain the coolant, but some drained from the tb...  but i did top it off and let some air out from reving the engine w/ cap off the resevoir... who knows maybe i still have some bubbles, but i did this for a while...  Do you think the ses is due to the pcm still learning??? the truck runs fine, idles great...I live in alaska, so no auto zone...  Dealership sucks here, so i dont want them messin w/ the truck,but i guess its the only way to find out...

mike

Mike, I don't think a low coolant light would be a pcm learning issue. My guess is that since it started since the SC install, you have an air bubble or you knocked one of the sensor wires loose, didn't hook one back up, or possibly a grounding issue for the low coolant sensor.

Butch 02 Sierra Denali

I'm not too worried about the coolant, could be a sensor..

Anyway, i got the codes from ses and its P0172,P0175 which is running too rich..

the other one is P0342-Camshaft Position Sensor Low input... I have no clue on this one... can anyone give me a input what this code is??

I'll try and call you butch...

mike

Archived