Stripes

I'm still a huge fan of Hockey Stripes on these trucks... The ones on the 3rd Gen site look okay, but I don't think they'll work on the trucks too well with the lines they're using there.

So far I really like CraigW's, pictured here on Autoguys truck - but I'm ULTRA PICKY and want a slightly different look... I'm thinking a little thinner up top, with a true break in the lines, and piecing together a "364" emblem out of honest looking CID numbers from the 60's cars. That would of course require a precisely sized vertical sectin of stripe that I probably won't be able to spec out until I had the fake emblem here in front of me...

These here have a pretty nice look to them, and might work on the trucks. They're on the thinner side, and have a straigher look to them over the 3rd Gen ones.

CraigW's sure do follow the lines of the truck nicely though...

• 2 weeks later...

Guys if you want hockey stripes let me know I will make them anyway you want. My stripe and autoguys are slightly different. As you can see my stripe has a break where is says 6.0 Dont hesitate to pm or email for anything. The skys the limit. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's all a matter of opinion...but I'm of the opinion that a set of graphics or custom paint scheme should add to the overall visual impact of the vehicle without taking away from it or making it look cheap. The small hockey stripes (like those on the 69 camaro ss) were about the most I would do on an SS. But until they impact me in a more positive way, mine will remain Oynx Black front to back, top to bottom.

Nothing worse than messing up a 40,000.00 dollar vehicles appearance with 49.99 worth of vinyl stick on decals!

:shakehead:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/fire...to/PIC00045.jpg

the color is sharpline pearl flash. the second color is prostripe shade shifter.

it dissapears into blue paint color, and comes alive in the sun.

hopefully, what you cant see is the 120 square feet of clear paint protection film.

15 months old, not one scratch or rockchip, even bottom of rocker panels or wheel wells....

vinyl stick on decals!

thats why they are vinyl and you can always take em off

Yes, you can remove them, but usually there is a telltale line where they were, or the paint will fade a little if left out in the sun for 6 months or more.... If I should put anything on mine, it's on there for good!

I had a friend that shot three additional coats of clear on his SS, then put tribal flames (stick on) on it for a year. After he removed them, he just wet sanded and polished the truck and it was as good as new.... hell, it actually looked better than new!

Archived