HID conversions

fast4popper

Topic says it all. Does anyone have the HID conversion? How do you like it and is it worth the cash? Big difference in output?

I MIGHT have a line on them for a good price, what would you guys pay for them? I will keep you all informed as to what I find out.

how good of a price can you get them for i would love to have them but i cant see paying so much for them

Thats the thing. I have to see how many are interested before I go to them with how many I need. As of this morning I could get them at MY COST of 225$ I MIGHT be able to get them cheeper with more orders. This is for either the hi or the low beams, if you want to do both you will need 2 sets. Let me know if more are interested.

i was going to start a similar topic. but i saw this one. So i was going to say that i wanted to do a xenon upgrade. I was looking at around 5300-6000K . I found some company in cerritos . That sell the mculloch kit for around 260-280. I know they are out of business but they come witha warranty or so the seller says. I was also wondering on how are stock housing would work because they have a reflector in them already so i am thinking the beam they project should be good not all messed up and scattered. i know heat wont be a problem .

What kit are you working with?

Street Glow is what I am looking at. I dont know much about HID, really have nto done too much research yet. I do know that they have came down ALOT in the past few years though.

Please En"lighten" me as to what makes a bad kit?

Little hint, they're all bad, basically.

Your stock housing were not engineered for the HID's bulbs. Thus your light spead pattern isn't where it should be. It's quite simple really, but so many people can't grasp it. 5500k and up sets are for looks anyway, performance lighting is lower in the scale.

the only correct way, is to purchase Audi or BMW lights out of a junkyard, and retro fit the projector into your headlight.

Trust me, I've looked at this upgrade from every angle, and there is no substitue for doing it correctly. There are quite a few forums devoted to people doing retro-fits.

:eek: I have a set from a 02 GS430 Lexus and the beam is very scadered.

I up graded the bulbs from 4100K to 6000K and trust me it only looks good when you see them coming. :cool:

From the drivers view on a dark road you cant see a F##KING thing :banghead:

I went to an electronics shop overhere in Antwerp yesterday. The guy told me that Hella produces aftermarket complete Xenon kits these days.

He showed me a catalog for campers and comparabel cars. There is a whole range of kits available, even with automatic height sollutions, as it should be.

I also have an original BMW 3-series Xenon headlight at home, which I got from a dealer, after an accident. I'm going to build that one into my motorcycle, but I guess that would be the only sollution in our truck also.

The only problem is the lens, which is way bigger then the place available now, so you would have to cut your reflector.

Also be carefull with Xenon, as your headlights glasses need to stay very clean, as dirt will disturb the Xenon light a lot. That's why all cars with default Xenon lights, have a high pressure cleaning kit on the head lights.

And remember, it's only Xenon when there is a highvoltage regulator with the kit. Xenon discharges at approx. 15.000 Volt.

Pascal

8300K HID's from Meccatune. I paid 380 for them but I saw them on ebay now for 260 :banghead: .

They are awesome coming or going. I can see everything and they have warranty. :D

I will post pics when I get my camera to work or buy a new one. :devil:

8300k int going to be the best light output I know its blueish purple . If you would post some pics of the light pattern on the ground . kind of like a drivers view. I know they are not the color i am personally looking for just want to see how the pattern of light is spread compared to the stock's.

Thanks

Archived