New fuel pump question

NateZ

Ok i got the intank walbro fuel pump kit from magnacharger, the one they ship out in thier truck and H2 charger systems. I just found out that they ship this out in the 04' kits. They shipped an inline for the 03's. I have an 03. Will the intank setup that i have not work for me?!? Anybody know for sure?? will i have to modify somthing to make it work? or do i have to send it back?

Thanks,

Nate

It'll work if they sent all the connections that are needed, including those needed to tie it in to the power relay.  I would want the in-tank personally.

There are only two power connections on the pump, i am supposed to modify the factory connector that goes into the pump (two wires) and just change the connector on both wires to fit on the new pump. Does that sound right? It is just two butt connector things. Will the housing for the pump and everything be the same?? I'd hate to drop the tank and then find out it doesn't work.

Natre

I don't know what you mean by housing. You shouldn't need to drop the tank if all you're doing is tying into the existing power connections for the stock pump. If I were dropping the tank, then I'd get the GSS340 Walbro pump they use and put that in there instead of a inline. If it is the inline pump, it mounts along the frame rail. Go to the Magna site and look at their instructions, you should see it in there. If not, there are pics in some of the Radix install threads.

I don't know what you mean by housing.  You shouldn't need to drop the tank if all you're doing is tying into the existing power connections for the stock pump.  If I were dropping the tank, then I'd get the GSS340 Walbro pump they use and put that in there instead of a inline.  If it is the inline pump, it mounts along the frame rail.  Go to the Magna site and look at their instructions, you should see it in there.  If not, there are pics in some of the Radix install threads.

I have the intank. I mentioned it in the first post. I do not have the inline pump. The intank is what they shipped out with the 04's. I have an 03. I need to know if the intank meant for the 04's will work in my 03'.

Nate

I could be wrong, but I think that the intank is the better pump, and I think ben will agree, It will allow you more flexibility for upping the power/BOOST in your future. The intank IMO will be a common fuel system upgrade for all SS'ers boosting their LSx motors. Just mention it to your tuner that you have more flow ability?

I could be wrong, but I think that the intank is the better pump, and I think ben will agree, It will allow you more flexibility for upping the power/BOOST in your future.  The intank IMO will be a common fuel system upgrade for all SS'ers boosting their LSx motors.  Just mention it to your tuner that you have more flow ability?

The intank kit IS the one i have, i need to know if it will work in my 03'.

Nate

Sorry, I guess it was this phrase that threw me off.

They shipped an inline for the 03's.

To answer your question, yes, it will work. It will work on any year truck. The only reason they went to an in-tank version for the '04s is because '04 it have a returnless fuel system. '03s have a return line.

Archived