Just one more reason not to buy a Ford!

1stdodge

That is perfect for all the ford fans in my office, they all got a nice little e-mail with this attached. haha. Honestly though that is pretty scary to know it happens at random because of a possible cruise control switch malfunction! :crazy:

Yea, the Ford Pinto used to burst into flames if you looked at it crosseyed. Up here in NY the troopers use Crown Vics. They've been catching fire from rear end collisions. A common occurance if you patrol the thruways much. The troopers don't want the Fords anymore. They're pegged as death traps. Most of the troopers I've talked to preferred the old Caprices. Rugged and faster than the Fords. GM needs a rear wheel sedan for law enforcement.

My inlaws are die hard Ford people (makes dinners over there interesting)

My father-in-law always makes a point to mention how safe Fords are b/c they are thoughtful enought to install a fuel pump kill switch that triggers at impact. My response to that is that it wasn't "thoughtful" it was a way to keep fire related fatalities down :banghead: Don't hear about any chevy's bursting into flames!

He has already been e-mailed a copy of that article! :thumbs:

This is not the first time this has happened with Ford though. I remember about 8 or 9 years ago Ford had a major recall because the ignitions would cause a fire. This was a 3 stage recall, as it affected most every car and truck from the 80s into the early 90s.

Archived