Fuel pump problem****

NateZ

one more fyi:

Okay I just check into some more stuff. It turns out we put SAE J30R9 (external use) in this dudes truck. It took 4 days to blow. Well he put the same crap in it today. So now its going to need to be changed again. We are looking right now for anyone that carries SAE J30R10 because that seems like the right stuff. I still think we could use that accordian line. HOWEVER, they said that the 6" peice of hose that comes with the Walbro kit WILL actually work. You have to compress the module to get it to fit on their but they measure everything and the intank pickup still sits on the bottom on the tank. So ill probably check it myself but if that little peice of included hose will work, than hell yea ill use it

Yea man let me know if that short piece that comes with the walbro kit works.

Thanks,

Nate

one more:

Document Number: J30

Date Published: June 1998

Title: Fuel and Oil Hoses

Issuing Committee:

Fuel, Oil And Emission Hose Committee

Scope:

This SAE Standard covers fuel and oil hose, coupled and uncoupled, for use with gasoline, oil, diesel fuel, lubrication oil, or the vapor present in either the fuel system or in the crankcase of internal combustion engines in mobile, stationary, and marine applications. Sections 7 and 11 cover hose intended to meet the demands of fuel injection systems. Sections 10 and 11 cover hose intended to meet low fuel permeation requirements. Section 3 covers Coupled and Uncoupled Synthetic Rubber Tube and Cover (SAE 30R2). Section 4 covers Lightweight Braided Reinforced Lacquer, Cement, or Rubber Covered Hose (SAE 30R3). Section 5 covers Wire Inserted Synthetic Rubber Tube and Cover (SAE 30R5). Section 6 covers Low-Pressure Coupled and Uncoupled Synthetic Rubber Tube and Cover (SAE 30R6), (SAE 30R7), (SAE 30R8). Section 7 covers Fuel Injection Hose Medium-Pressure Coupled and Uncoupled Synthetic Rubber Tube and Cover (SAE 30R9). Section 8 covers In-Tank, Low-Pressure, Uncoupled Fuel Hoses (SAE 30R10). Section 9 covers Unified Method for Fuel Hose Permeation. Section 10 covers Low Permeation Fuel Fill and Vent Hose (SAE 30R11). Section 11 covers Low Permeation Fuel Feed and Return Hose (SAE 30R12).es (SAE 30R10). Section 9 covers Unified Method for Fuel Hose Permeation. Section 10 covers Low Permeation Fuel Fill and Vent Hose (SAE 30R11). Section 11 covers Low Permeation Fuel Feed and Return Hose (SAE 30R12).

one more fyi:

Okay I just check into some more stuff. It turns out we put SAE J30R9 (external use) in this dudes truck. It took 4 days to blow. Well he put the same crap in it today. So now its going to need to be changed again. We are looking right now for anyone that carries SAE J30R10 because that seems like the right stuff. I still think we could use that accordian line. HOWEVER, they said that the 6" peice of hose that comes with the Walbro kit WILL actually work. You have to compress the module to get it to fit on their but they measure everything and the intank pickup still sits on the bottom on the tank. So ill probably check it myself but if that little peice of included hose will work, than hell yea ill use it

Yea man let me know if that short piece that comes with the walbro kit works.

Thanks,

Nate

mine worked just fine, no leaks, no worries.....$2.50.

I'll prolly put one in next time im workin on that area of the truck, lol.

I think that SAE rating stuff applies to that black rubber hosing and stuff. The tube i used is a hard nylon/plastic, the guy at the napa parts store showed me a fuel pump module for a bigger chevy vehicle (i dunno what model, but the module/pump was huge) and there was a piece of the same kind of tubing on part of the module (it was a vent line, not a pressure line, but still submerged in fuel at all times) so i think should be alright, time will tell. lol.

Also if goin with the SAE J30R10 rubber hose, i would make sure to get the high pressure version of that stuff. It could go pop otherwise. :pop:

Nate

Archived