need full bumper

fox_forma

Hello everyone this is my first post after i ran into a guy at a rest stop who had an SS and told me about this forum. Well anyways, a few weeks ago someone did a hit and run on my rear bumper and cracked the bumper cover and pushed in the back right of the bumper. Anyone have a rear bumper set-up for an 03 SS which is black(preferred) that they want to sell. I live in Eastern pa and will drive somewhat of a distance to get it. I just dont want to pay the factory prices from the GM dealer to fix it, it isn;t that bad but its annoying to know its there.

Thanks

First off welcome to the site :cheers: , I feel for you having your truck being a victim or hit and run. Those people anger me so much :mad: . Anyways, if you are looking for a cheap alternative, there are non authentic SS style bumpers, from street scene, or theres one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7947571525&rd=1

I've never bought from them and don't know how good they are, but you could always check GM parts direct for a quote, they seem to have the lowest prices for real gm parts. Good luck

apparently the steel under the cover and all the brackets are the cheap part, but the bumper cover from GM ranges anywhere from $300-$400. I was hoping someone maybe who installed a roll pan on there ss would have the factory rear set-up and i could buy it.

I looked at the bumper thats on ebay several time debating whether or not to get one of them but you have to cut your own holes and such for the plate lights, i'd rather get the factory one so it still is a gm made part from the factory that is meant for my truck. If anyone has the whole rear bumper set up and wants to sell it, i'm your guy to do that to.

Is there any website for GM to check on all the parts???

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking around a little bit and it looks like i will need to shell out close to a $1000 for this bumper to get done unless I find someone on here that has an extra one, possibly after they installed a roll pan. Second option is a rollpan but i dont really want to go that way but will if neccasary. After looking around i found this on ebay but the ad says it will fit 99-05 silverados but not the SS. Is this true and what is the big difference if it is?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7950496563&rd=1

I was looking around a little bit and it looks like i will need to shell out close to a $1000 for this bumper to get done unless I find someone on here that has an extra one, possibly after they installed a roll pan.  Second option is a rollpan but i dont really want to go that way but will if neccasary.  After looking around i found this on ebay but the ad says it will fit 99-05 silverados but not the SS.  Is this true and what is the big difference if it is?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7950496563&rd=1

i have a 03 black bumper i'm not really sure what they go for so make me an offer. My truck is in Tucson, i am currently in Korea but i can arrange for the shipping. I will split the shipping with you if u are interested.

But would that roll pan work?  The only concern is I have dirt bikes that need to load up and I tend to use the bumper a lot to step on.

Bhak23....  Is it just the bumper cover or the whole assembly?

The whole thing, i'm having a rollpan put on.

Archived