super charger question

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Vortech. Dive it to work everyday and found it very streetable. Even my wife said she didn't notice any difference "until" you punch it! Then better take another notch in the seatbelt and hold on! It's awesome! I also added Flowmaters Big Block muffler and customs duals pipes, K&N intake.

After looking at sever I'm looking at going with the whipple.... I know it lacks the intercooler but I'm thinking for a daily driver it's probably the best fit for what I'm using it for.... what do you guy's think... and where does the oil filler dissapear to??? I mean do i just use a flex duct or something from here on out...lol :confused: oh and one more what kind of hp/torque gains are you recieving from your superchargers... thankx

whipple charger

After looking at sever I'm looking at going with the whipple.... I know it lacks the intercooler but I'm thinking for a daily driver it's probably the best fit for what I'm using it for.... what do you guy's think... and where does the oil filler dissapear to??? I mean do i just use a flex duct or something from here on out...lol  :confused:  oh and one more what kind of hp/torque gains are you recieving from your superchargers... thankx

whipple charger

I won't knock the Whipple system because it is a very good system. But, it being minus a intercooler would keep me from buying it, alone. I guess I don't see how it's any better fit for what you're using it for over the Radix system. Don't forget the customer service you get. They could give a rat's butt about you (at least what I have heard on here). Magna people have always been very helpful and one of their own employess regularly visits this site.

After looking at sever I'm looking at going with the whipple.... I know it lacks the intercooler but I'm thinking for a daily driver it's probably the best fit for what I'm using it for.... what do you guy's think... and where does the oil filler dissapear to??? I mean do i just use a flex duct or something from here on out...lol  :confused:  oh and one more what kind of hp/torque gains are you recieving from your superchargers... thankx

whipple charger

If it were me, and I lived in Pheonix as you do, I would not run unintercooled boost. I also like the whipple twin screw, but the intercooler is a deal killer for me here in Orlando as well -- ambient is just too high year round to enjoy a boosted truck. I did run non-intercooled here for a few months, but could never turn up the boost and always had to run really low timing (8*). I would really recommend the radix for you.

After looking at sever I'm looking at going with the whipple.... I know it lacks the intercooler but I'm thinking for a daily driver it's probably the best fit for what I'm using it for.... what do you guy's think... and where does the oil filler dissapear to??? I mean do i just use a flex duct or something from here on out...lol  :confused:   oh and one more what kind of hp/torque gains are you recieving from your superchargers... thankx

whipple charger

You'll be much better off with the Radix for a daily driver even with light mods. AZ heat without a IC :nono: The Whipple is a better supercharger but the total package isn't on par with the Radix. So if your not going to get wild I'd recommend the Radix.

Adding a Intercooler to ANY setup will not affect streetability. If anything, the volumetric efficiency increase is worth it's weight in gold. The colder the charge intake air, the more efficient the combustion and less chance of knock. I know this from many years of playing the Grand Nationals. I would HIGHLY reccomend any charger setup to have an IC. The ONLY issue is that the vehicle's engine temp would be hotter due to the blockage of the IC depending on location, thermostat, and the fan setup. If you have electric fans, and a 160* Thermo, I don't see an issue. If and when I decide to charge my 05 SS, I will make sure the setup has a good intercooler. :thumbs:

Also, turbos are one of those modifications that allows the driver to easily adjust power. If you have any mechanically inclined skills this modification will allow the user to grow into the setup. You can always tinker with the boost, and take the truck to the track and dump higher octane fuel in it and run! I have an alcohol injection setup on my GN that allows me to run 26 PSI on the street with pump gas! It takes a while to work the tuning out because every car responds differently depending on Density Altitude and the condition of your electronic sensors. *Course this is almost a 20 year old vehicle, the sensors on our SSS's are MUCH better.

Drag Racing is like sex, get to know your vehicle, and fine tune your techniques and skills and have a blast! It's a rush to be at the track and see what a small amount of tuning can do! :driving:

if whipple started putting out intercooled systems would all the radix fans jump ship? the twin screw setup if supposed to be much better right? any other problems?

Even if a SC doesn't come with an IC, it's not hard to fabricate tubing to install one. Most IC companies have great ICs that they cam modify for your vehicle and driving habits. The you just gotta decide if you want a front mounted one *front of radiator, cools faster. Or Rear Mounted one. *Behind the electric fans, less piping, cools well, but the front mount get's the fresh air.

You could probably email or call the SC comapny and get a reccomendation for an IC.

Thakx for the input....im pretty mechanically inclined and I will put an intercooler on that... It's something I've entertained doing and I think it wouldn't be too difficult to manufacture or piece together some tubing for it... I'll be tring this out here after i get my tax refund...lol... it should be pretty good this year. thank god for uncle sam federal saving/overtax program. Ill post the pic's of the progress as it comes along.

Good luck Marine, if ya need some help send me an email or PM and we can swap cell numbers, I've fabricated alot of stuff for projects like this. Most of all just like an Operation Order, ensure you plan everything and meet your goals! :cool:

Thakx for the input....im pretty mechanically inclined and I will put an intercooler on that... It's something I've entertained doing and I think it wouldn't be too difficult to manufacture or piece together some tubing for it... I'll be tring this out here after i get my tax refund...lol... it should be pretty good this year. thank god for uncle sam federal saving/overtax program. Ill post the pic's of the progress as it comes along.

Well, when you get started on the project, remember one very important thing:

PICS!!!! Or you will get lots of IMs and Pics? posts :)

:devil::crackup:

Archived