new ss owner here saying hi

iwineng03ss

whats up all i am from ionia mi. i just bought a 2003 red ss.. it only has 15000 miles on it. i love the truck.. a few years ago i had a 88 f body that ran 12's that was a fun car.. but this truck has style and function... never knew there was much stuff u could do to these trucks till i started searching should be a fun rest of the winter!! well just wanted to say hi and interduce myself thanks

Welcome to the site! yeah these trucks have a lot of potential. they are heavier than other sports trucks but we got awd and other features they dont have :D

pulling donuts in the snow is always great haha :crackup:

Always drive safe though!

see you around the site

:chevy:

thanks guys!! man so many questions to ask lol. i guess my first is they make a lowering kit for awd's right? i dont know much about these trucks yet still learning and reading and SEARCHING lol.. i have been searching on here but i read one post someone wrote something about if my ss wasnt awd i would be able to lower it. that is what got me wondering thanks!!

thanks guys!! man so many questions to ask lol. i guess my first is they make a lowering kit for awd's right? i dont know much about these trucks yet still learning and reading and SEARCHING lol.. i have been searching on here but i read one post someone wrote something about if my ss wasnt awd i would be able to lower it. that is what got me wondering thanks!!

there are a few options one the mcgaugty kit is #1 on my list because it has spindles and that keeps your ride like stock up front and then shackles and hangers for the rear, my truck came with it and i didnt even knwo that how well it rode to me. It is a truck though you will get an occasional bounce on certain freewasy and stuff, othere have used the ground force kit and been happy , it uses torsion keys and cranking the t-bars to get it right, IMO the only way to go is spindles to keep ride quality though, there are alot of great and helpful folks just stick around and you will se what i mean congrats on the SS you will love it.

Welcome to the site. I know Ionia well. Been there many times. Make it to the fair every couple years. Never visited the prison though. :D You're only about 1 hour from Zippy (muskegon), me(Garden City) and Vince (Bay City). There's a few other Mich. people on here but I haven't met them. Maybe when it's warmer.

Welcome to the site and the ownership of the greatest truck around...of course I am slightly biased. Hope you enjoy getting behind the wheel as we all do. This site is great to learn the endless possibilities of what can be done with these trucks.

Archived