Alternative to GM 16in spare tire rim -> Nissan Titan and Armada spare rims

Its been a while since I've posted anything but I wanted to provide some useful information for anyone that has a Silverado/Sierra 16 in steel rim on their spare tire.

The Nissan Titan/Armada spare rims are steel 18in X 8in wide with the same Bolt pattern as the GM trucks.  I'm swapping out my old spare now since I had switched to the Baer Eradispeed brakes some time ago and had never checked the spare.  The 16in wheel doesn't fit (obviously) so I found these spare wheels that do.  You will find the spare tire from NIssan to be too big to match the stock SSS rims and tires but that can easily be changed.  Backspacing on the Nissan is slightly different than stock rims but its a cheap way to go and does fit. 

John B

9ef814176ae605b8f386630fa09a33b6.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting to know. I have the 07 Tahoe brake upgrade on my 03 SS. I still have my original spare tire under there, after 20 years. I wonder if it would still stand up to use if I had a flat? Or just turn to dust 😄