Truck is getting DYNOED today

bigbl62

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The air/fuel ratio is pretty good on the truck. It's right around the 12.0 target mark. It's really odd how it starts laying over at 4500 RPM like that instead of carrying out. I know the guys at CHP had a problem when they went to the smaller pulley with the spark getting blown out and he does have stock plugs in this truck. I have a feeling a set of Autolite 103's (not a big NGK fan) with a .35 or .4 gap will really help. He is close enough that he is going to bring it over so when we run it on the dyno here I can monitor it with a scan tool. I can tell right away if it is pulling like 420Grams per second that it is making over 400 RWHP. He said the boost is there so it doesn't look to be blowing off boost. Even if it were KR and it pulled out a full 8 degrees of timing it would not lose 100 RWHP like that so unfortunately it is not that easy of a fix. I really also have to wonder if there is any sort of wheel slipping issues with the fact that the squeezed this truck onto a AWD dyno that will not fit it. The only other possiblity is that the trans or torque converter is getting over powered and is slipping thus the power the engine is making is not beeing seen at the wheels, but I doubt that as well, but it is a possibility.

Later all,

Bryan

Yes, if the spark blows out then there are cylinders that are not firing and that will defintely lay you down on HP and 100RWHP is defintely a loss that is common with cylinders down.

We will get something scheduled up and get this all figured out for you.

Now I'm in a catch 22 as I'm going to get your truck fixed up, but will be missing out on picking up a used radix for my truck :)

That shop that did your dyno run is like an hour from me. If you pay for my run I would be MORE than happy to take my truck there for a run. :D

I could compare it to my dyno runs w/o the front driveshaft and see if the AWD dyno is a little quirky. :uhoh: I'll be willing to bet you are doing more than what you dyno'd.

Archived