E-Cut outs

BlackySS13

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey i have the manuals and it sounds so mean. but do i need to reajust my pcm tune??? :confused:  :confused:

Where are your cut outs located in the exhaust? Some people on here mentioned to put them as close to the muffler as possible. I wonder if that will effect your tune? :dunno::flag:

I also have cutouts and I have mine about 3-4 ft in front of the muffler. As long as your atleast a ft behind the o2 sensor you should be fine. Sounds great too. :thumbs:

the tune will needed to be adjusted to turn off the o2 sensors , so it does not set off a code when you open them and it notices it. They reduce back pressure in your exhaust , that is why you put them in front of your muffler, and it gives it the open header sound, i beleive adam has e-cutouts

youd have to time it correctly... i forget how long qtec said they take to open up. I had them on my camaro (qtec - not nice/easy on the installer... ill tell you that much) my switch burned up within a week & there was no way in hell the cutout could mate up to the studed flange without some milling involved - studs werent long enough, and they were welded in... it was a terriable mess) after the switch went I said F-it and just tossed the cap on there with wing nuts so i could get em on and off quick - it leaked like hell but the car was ungodly loud to begin with (4 in. mufflex to a spintech muffler), it was just an overall mess... for me at least. good luck either way you go!

Archived