got the exhaust

gbart

hey guys finally went out and got the exhaust 2 40 series flows with two side tips comin out stainless dual tips looks sweet but not really impressed with the sound is loud when around 2 grand on the tach but after that it quiets up a little believe it or not not very loud is there anything i can do to make it louder without dumping dont want to dump and i love my tips i got got an xpipe too by the way just anything that i could to that might make it louder i want it to be pretty loud thanks

Gbart

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well everything that i have read about x pipes, is that they can tone down your exhaust a pretty good amount. i had a 50 on my truck, and wasnt nearly as loud as i thought it would be. i now have gutted cats and no mufflers with an x pipe and it sounds perfect. that x pipe must tone it down considerably, because its loud, but not as obnoxisoully loud as i thought it would be. its perfect sound

get rid of the x-pipe and go w/ a high flow cat....

if thats not loud enough then invest in a VERY loud audio system  :jester:

already got the audio covered lol just 400 bucks for exhaust didnt really impress me much trust me the audio is there :crackup: so would it be louder without the x and high flow cats just staight through the mufflers????

pull those 40's off and run (2) 1 chambers or flowmasters race series mufflers. this won be to loud or anything uless yu take the cats off. run your x pipe withthem and it will sound good. I am about to convert the wifes 5.3 since she has no cats an x pipe and 2 1 chambers dumped. I am going to put my cats on the vho on her truck and by two tips and weld them directly to the muffler point it down. the cats wqill take away all the rasp and I am hoping for a nice rumble but still be loud enough to scare imports away.

hey guys finally went out and got the exhaust 2 40 series flows with two side tips comin out stainless dual tips looks sweet but not really impressed with the sound is loud when around 2 grand on the tach but after that it quiets up a little believe it or not not very loud is there anything i can do to make it louder without dumping dont want to dump and i love my tips i got got an xpipe too by the way just anything that i could to that might make it louder i want it to be pretty loud thanks

Gbart

wow, is that ONE sentence?? :lol::eek:

personally, I'm just going to go with longtubes !cats and the stock exhaust.

Gbart

wow, is that ONE sentence?? :lol::eek:

personally, I'm just going to go with longtubes !cats and the stock exhaust.

yeah its not grammar class lol just pause when you want haha i like run ons

Im with you gbart, I have two 40s and I dont think they are loud enough but everybody that rides with me tells me not to touch my exhaust because my luck it would get louder but at the same time, loose its deepness.

yeah do you have an x pipe i heard that it makes it quieter. thinkin bout rippin it off and gettin some new cats.

Archived