got the exhaust

gbart

its gettin a little better the sound is nice just not loud. I went from a big block camaro to my truck lol im used to loud. I would like it a little louder maybe it will still get better but yes it is getting a little better is that true about the intake making it alot louder? If so how come nobody has ever said anything about that thats the first time ive heard it.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

50's vs. 40's

I am a new SS owner. I had a chevy stepside short box reg cap with special order 5.3 v8.

I spent hundreds of dollars on different muffler series. I have found that the 50's series mufflers sound the best to me with the 5.3 liter engine.

My question is how do the 50's sound on the 6.0 liter vs the 40's. I wonder how different the 6.0 liter sounds versus the 5.3 liter.

any body have any suggestions.

Now I understand, big block camaro? What kind of times were ya running? pics?

If you wanna get to that level of loudness, then you should get long tubes and high flow cats. I dont think you can get any louder than flowmaster for our trucks.

sorry didnt mean to put big block had a 383 stroker in it ran 11.20's all day on pump gas was a hoss for a small block put a 100 shot on it and got into the 10.00's then sold it. just lookin for a little louder. Yeah cant afford the headers yet lookin to get them though. will post some pics if you would like gotta find some.

Archived