Mervz

• Admin
Sorry about the stupid question. Sounds good. I'm still a little unsure of it's purpose but I guess I'll learn more as people use it. Thanks for the info. I'm still learning. :cheers:

No worries, never a stupid question! :cheers:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Admin
any rough estimate on what its going to cost to be a supporting member?

What do you want it to cost?? :P

Honestly, i can't see charging more than $30-$40 a year.

How does that sound? :)

Edit- ok, the $30-$40 number was an extreme highball...

• Admin
my cost... lets say... $5

everyone else... i'd be comfortable w/ them paying a couple hundred a peice... then the left over funds can go to me :)

ooh, we got a funny guy on our hands :crackup:

Honestly, thats the far high end of what it would cost. Expect less.

• Admin

Alright guys, before anyone gets too upset... The $30-$40 figure was pretty much a highball just to get some reaction.

At most $25 a year.....

You gotta remember, we push near a gig in space, and a gig a DAY in bandwidth just from the forum. With people able to host pictures, we're going to nearly double those figures.

I don't want to become a picture hosting site, but i do want people to be able to post a picture they have without hassle. Just upload while posting. No worries, no hassle. And, that is just the small part of it. The members only section will cost us money to find content for.

uh.. is this  invision power board like php or vb? because i used to run a php site and everything was free... let me know if there is anything i can do to help

Bandwidth is never free. Neither is hardware.

sorry about that.i meant the actual board. not the bandwith and webspace.

like i said, i used to run a forum, and i payed about $20 a month for the space but the actual board was free. i just downloaded what i needed and organized everything the way i wanted from template skins to user groups. all of that was free.

btw, there are some free webspace and bandwith servers, thats how i started until my site grew. but most of the time they have ads and very limited space... i guess u just get what u pay for eh

Archived