First g-tech times

Stiff1

I got in my new g-tech pro comp SS series. I hooked it up to the truck and got it all calibrated. My best 1/4 mile run was a 14.91 @ 90.1mph with a 6.3 0-60 :devil: . I was pretty happy with this. The truck has no mods at all yet and it is 100% bone stock. Then on my way home from work tonight, I decided to just do a 0-60 run. The g-tech said that it was a 5.95!? Is this even possible from a stock truck, or is my g-tech acting funny? I sure hope that it is true because I was very excited. It just really seems to good to be true for not doing anything to the truck. I will try and compile a large log of runs so I can get an overall average. :driving:

• 2 weeks later...
my modded SS runs 5.9 60's by my gtech.  I have a cam, pulley, FIPK and tuning...

make sure you are on level ground.  what was the rollout at?

Also make sure you got the truck weight close. Weight matters when talking times with the gtech. Has anyone had their truck weighed? If so please post the weight and what items you have added that will add to the stock weight.

my modded SS runs 5.9 60's by my gtech.  I have a cam, pulley, FIPK and tuning...

Also make sure you got the truck weight close. Weight matters when talking times with the gtech. Has anyone had their truck weighed? If so please post the weight and what items you have added that will add to the stock weight.

I didn't think weight mattered for time, just the hp/tq calculations/estimations. I entered 5000lbs when I did my first run on a gtec pro model. Later, I added a few hundred more on a nearly identical run. Not much change in time, but hp numbers jumped up quite a bit.

I didn't think weight mattered for time, just the hp/tq calculations/estimations. I entered 5000lbs when I did my first run on a gtec pro model. Later, I added a few hundred more on a nearly identical run. Not much change in time, but hp numbers jumped up quite a bit.

yup. weight should not matter at all in accelleration calcuations, just in hp/tq.

yup. weight should not matter at all in accelleration calcuations, just in hp/tq.

Sorry I got it backwards. It helps HP/tq not 1/4 times.

Archived