Flowmaster...do they make a direct replacmnt muff?

BIG LAW MAN

I want a deeper more agressive tone to the exhaust.

Since the system is already stainless, I see no need to spend the big dollars for a complete cat back system.

Does anyone know if Flowmaster makes a 40 series direct replacement? Im having problems with their site.

If not Flow, I'm also a big fan of Borla.

Any suggestions?

I want a deeper more agressive tone to the exhaust.

Since the system is already stainless, I see no need to spend the big dollars for a complete cat back system. 

Does anyone know if Flowmaster makes a 40 series direct replacement?  Im having problems with their site.

If not Flow, I'm also a big fan of Borla.

Any suggestions?

iam almost positive you can get just the muffler. when i got my 50, all i got was the muffler, so iam sure it works the same for a 40. try ebay too. i just sold my 50 on ebay with ease.

Not sure of your definition of a direct replacement, but the closest I know direct replacement muffler is a flo~pro. Right down to not needing to do anything with all your other piping. In fact, the two side-by-side look almost the same.

I have the direct replacement in my truck. It's a 3 chamber (so I'm told) with a dual in and a single massive 3" out. I heard it also fits the Escalades. I don't have a part # for you though.

Late-  Alex

how's the sound on that direct replacement louder,deeper,etc.

was it worth it?

thanks, Leo

I have the direct replacement in my truck. It's a 3 chamber (so I'm told) with a dual in and a single massive 3" out. I heard it also fits the Escalades. I don't have a part # for you though.

Late-  Alex

was it worth it?

thanks, Leo

go with a glass pack/cherry bomb :thumbs:

Late-  Alex

was it worth it?

thanks, Leo

I personally thought it was a bit too loud for me. I didn't want it that loud, but after it was all said and done what could I do? I mean, it doesn't sound bad or anything, just didn't want it that loud. There is also some resonance in the cab at certain speeds.

Late- Alex

Just give us a call at Jegs - We have at least 50 series that is a direct fit... Especially since the output of the stock muffler is really a single.. Be advised you will pickup some interior resinance - especially at city speeds, but having the 50 series on my SS, definately gets heads turning when the RPM hits the road.....

Call us we have at least 6 lines of mufflers that will fit the SS..

Good lick getting sound you want.

Just give us a call at Jegs - We have at least 50 series that is a direct fit... Especially since the output of the stock muffler is really a single.. Be advised you will pickup some interior resinance - especially at city speeds, but having the 50 series on my SS, definately gets heads turning when the RPM hits the road.....

Call us we have at least 6 lines of mufflers that will fit the SS..

Good lick getting sound you want.

Isn't the 50 quieter than the 40?

I just want the truck to sound like my Z06 which has Borla Stingers.

Archived