Step by step how to Clear 03+ Headlights

Sick Boy

I'll say it again, this job sucks @$$! I took apart 3 of the 4 so far. I also cleaned up the left over silicone on two of the four.

I don't know how you guys did this in a day. My fingers are killing me! :banghead:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
what kind of paint and what color do use to piant the reflectors?
The best would be Krylon Fusion black; however I used a can of 10-yr-old leftover shitter black acrylic from my garage back shelf and the color match was terrific. One hint - bake the black paint as long as you can before assembly to get it to 'gas off' or else the fumes will deposit themselves on the inside of the sealed housing over the following months as they naturally cure.

Mr. P. :)

I used this How To to do the parking lamps and wow what a difference it made along with the sylvania "rainbow" colored bulbs. I just need to get an amber bulb to replace the 194 clear one. Thanks guys

I used this How To to do the parking lamps and wow what a difference it made along with the sylvania "rainbow" colored bulbs. I just need to get an amber bulb to replace the 194 clear one. Thanks guys
Gotta Pic? I'd like to see it...

Mr. P. :)

When I painted mine I just used cheap gloss black rattle can. I also taped off the little reflector box but on the last coat of paint I took the tape off. with one coat of paint the light still shines through it, and during the day it just looks all black.

When I painted mine I just used cheap gloss black rattle can. I also taped off the little reflector box but on the last coat of paint I took the tape off. with one coat of paint the light still shines through it, and during the day it just looks all black.

:withstupid: thats what i did...... love the look, and now they dont fog up! (they used to stock lol)

i can't for the life of me get the headlights apart, i've baked them for 10-15 minutes at 200 degrees twice and they wont budge, i'm ending up thrashing the outside (black) part, and cracking the lense around the edge a little, what am I missing here??

On another note, got the parking lights apart easy, already finished painting the amber now just gotta put em together

Archived