Possible change of plans

BenKey

I like N/A with a shot. Maybe progressive later. A N/A 408 is going to be a nice daily driver, and NOS when you have that hankering will be sweet - HP on command. It's not like your going to be running around on a 4-banger when you're not pushing the button.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like N/A with a shot.  Maybe progressive later.  A N/A 408 is going to be a nice daily driver, and NOS when you have that hankering will be sweet - HP on command.  It's not like your going to be running around on a 4-banger when you're not pushing the button.

anything would be better than the 4 banger Ben showed up in KS with...

83961597.jpg

83961593.jpg

Ben, I seem to be in the minority here but go with the turbo setup. I think once you get it on and get a taste for the whistle, you'll be happy with your decision. Plus you don't have to run to the speed shop to get refills.

From a tranny standpoint, just turn your boost down until the 80e is a viable solution.

Either way, it's going to be fast for a truck/daily driver. :thumbs:

Ok, here is my take on it.

NA = smarter, cheaper, more immediate gratification.

Turbo = More fun, more expensive, delayed gratification.

Just depends on what you want. If I had the $$ which I don't, I would go turbo. If you are worried about the $$(which it seems like you are a bit) then sell the turbo, and finish the truck.

Aaron

I'd look to keep going with the original plans of the STS. Think back to why you bought it in the first place. ;)

For whatever reason, I really don't like juice. I'd be more interested in a D-max swap over spray.

I like the idea of rebuilding to a lower compression, and running the STS at "sane" levels for some time. That should hold you over a for a while - when you eventually get "bored" with the power, you'll probably have the headroom or leeway with the front office to step up to a few more upgrades to get the 15psi.

Archived